RACHEL - Hello Family and Friends,
How is everyone? I hope everyone is doing great! I got Dad's tape and that was very nice of course and as always mom your letter you loyally send every week! Thank you for them both! I was writing my email last week but then the computer just logged me off and shut down... so that's why I didn't send one.
There are a couple of miracles and experiences I would like to share with you these past couple of weeks. These past two weeks have been surprisingly warm weather even till dark, which has been a nice change. We decided to go to the Temple this last Wednesday because those are rare opportunities to attend. We had planned to go to the Chorley/Preston Temple and go at 9am. Well we were running a little late out the door of our flat to get to the Swinton Train station so we ran all the way to the station. One thing to keep in mind is how these past two weeks we have been running practically every night to get home in time for 9pm curfew, so needless to say we were pretty tired of running. But we ran anyway and made it in time for the train. Then when we had arrived in Chorley (home sweet home) the train was a tad later than anticipated so we had to run the entire way from the Chorley Train Station to the Preston Temple. Now it was very warm about at this time and we were running as hard and as fast as we could and it almost seemed impossible that we would make it in time. I even stopped running at one point and thought to myself, There is not point, we have just the amount of time to make it in a minute before 9 am but we would already be late by that time. But something in me told me to keep running. So as I power walked through the Temple doors and breathlessly (and desperately I might add) and with a prayer in my heart that we would be able to make it, asked if we made it in time. The two Temple Workers behind the desk looked at us with this painful regret in their eyes and said no. My goodness I was desperately looking for a miracle because we would've had to wait another hour but we really wouldn't have been able to do that since we wouldn't have had enough time to get our shopping and emailing done as well. But lo and behold, the miracle arrives as the main lead coordinator of the temple who I spent my entire New Years Day with him and his wife and whom I love dearly walks in from the Temple. (By the way I never have seen him since my service in Chorley every time I have gone to the Temple since. Brother Holm then tells us with this huge smile on his face to take our time and they will hold the session for us. I was overcome with joy and that was a miracle to me that day. We worked so hard to get to the temple and the Lord recognized our efforts and helped us out. Oh how grateful I am for a Perfect Father in Heaven who knows me perfectly and my needs!
Another experience I had was when we went to teach our New Recent Convert Sister H.C.P. We were going to teach her about missionary work but then forgot our material. So as we arrive we ask Sister H. if she has any questions or concerns on her mind at this time that we could try to help her with. She expressed to us that every time she is at church, with the other Relief Society Sisters or with us missionaries she feels the spirit strongly, but when she is let in her home alone she doesn't feel it as much. She knows her home is supposed to be as sacred as a temple and so we then asked, "Well Sister H. look around, what do you think may be preventing the Spirit in your home?" She felt directed to her bedroom where a very large DVD collection on shelves were placed. We then proceeded to take all of the ones that were inappropriate and throw them out. I learned a very valuable lesson that night. As I watched Sister H. decide for herself which DVD's she was not going to allow in her home, she didn't even want to take the least bit of risk with any chance or inappropriate content within them. I watched as she threw ones out that I myself would have rationalized or justified to keep. That I would have thought to myself, well this isn't that bad and ones that are actually quite popular in the world. She was a great example to me of how we can make our homes as temples. How can we do that when we allow the adversary to have room in our home through our TV? I want to strive to be better.
A Miracle that happened at church yesterday was amazing! Sister Bibb and I weren't expecting any Investigators to come to church but who do we see walk in? Not any of our investigators but two young boys who Sister Bibb met on the bus the other day and invited them to church and they came! But it does not stop there! After Sacrament Meeting we met a mother, daughter and son who have just moved here two weeks ago from Zimbabwe and just walked in on their own into the church and decided that they want to come here every Sunday now! How miraculous is that?! So then we set up an appointment to see them this week and gave them copies of the Book of Mormon to them so they could have to read. Apparently the mother's Father had attended an LDS church and had told them to attend it for themselves. Seeds have been planted and how grateful I am for the members and missionaries who share the gospel in little ways that have a lasting effect on future generations to come. I want to make that kind of difference.
I am grateful for the opportunity I have to give this time and attention fully and solely to the Lord's Gospel and work. I am grateful to be a full time missionary. I am very grateful for the support from all the ward and family and friends who helped Teresa and I get here. I love this work! I love this gospel! There is NO place else I would rather be. Thank you so much! Love you all and take care.
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
P.s. Congratulations to Steph and Derek! I got a copy of their wedding Invite and I am so happy for them!

Hey Rach! I love hearing about your miracles. I need to open my eyes and see them more often myself. I am so glad you made it to the temple and are helping teaching and preaching. Love you, I pray for you all the time. :)
ReplyDeleteMickie
Miracles, Miracles! It is pretty amazing you are recognizing the Lord's hand in your life! I love to hear that! Yep, he does know and love you!
ReplyDeleteDoes Sister H. have a picture of the Savior in her home? Maybe hung in a prominent place, she can see it everyday? Or how about a picture of the Temple, maybe a figurine? Are her scriptures out on a table, where she can see them and remember to read them? Just a few thoughts.
Love to read your letters, keep up the hard work!