RACHEL - Dear Family and Friends,
Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has a great one as well! Do you remember me talking about the 4th of July FHE BBQ tonight for our ward, well no one announced it so it's not happening! Ha-ha and we and the Elders in our ward have been inviting Investigators to that as well this past week! But that's OK, because we will schedule and plan something in the future!
This last Sunday, Sister Bibb and I taught the 12 year olds in Sunday School about being "Not of The World" and it turned out very well. We started it off by doing the classic hangman on the chalkboard for the kids to figure out what the subject was and then showed this short clip from the Doctrine and Covenants disc set which showed examples of youth being faced with choices and then making the right ones, then read from the scriptures with them. Then we were asked to go into Primary to the 8-10 year olds class in the beginning to bear our testimonies about missionary work! That was really great.
This past week, Sister Bibb and I weren't able to have as many teaching appointments as we would have liked but had a lot of finding time and were able to beat our standard goal by getting 76 Quality Gospel Conversations and 24 Appointments! One day this past week we made 8 Appointments! The Lord really had His hand in Everything. Most of them were for this next week and we are excited for the Potential Investigators that we have. It has been wonderful working with our recent convert, Sister H.C.P., who was baptised less than three weeks ago! She is an amazing fellowshipper now at our lessons with our other Investigators. She has such a strong testimony and she is a natural!
We are currently teaching a YSA Investigator named A.M. he is from Poland and he is progressing very well by coming to church for the second time even when he works night shifts and gets home at 6 a.m. We are looking into passing him over to the YSA Ward missionaries and have begun making plans for that. We feel that will help him in his conversion process especially since I have served in that same ward building my first area and I know the perfect YSA Polish fellowshipper that well help befriend him! We are making the transition on Wednesday with the other missionaries so I will let you know how it goes!
Throughout my mission so far, I have been able to read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price, which has been wonderful! As of now I am beginning my reading of the entire Bible starting from the New Testament. I have loved reading it so far but have especially enjoyed the Joseph Smith Translation, which has clarified a lot of things for me.
Tomorrow I will meet my new Mission President and his wife. The Prestons. I am excited to meet them and know that they will be great! I will tell you later how that goes.
To be honest, there really isn't that much to say besides what I have just said. I am so sorry if this was boring for any of you to read but thank you for reading it anyway! I hope everyone is well and happy! Thank you for the support you give to Teresa and I!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

Hi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading your posts and am thankful to your mom for setting these up. Hope your 4th of July was fun. Wow! Great job on the reading :)
Keep up the good work and attitude.
Love ya,
Christine