RACHEL - Dear Family!
I just wanted to say thank you again to those who sacrificed by giving to Teresa and I this Christmas season! I did send cards but I honestly think I didn't put the correct amount of postage on them and so some may get it others may not. I did want to say thank you to the Gundreds, Maxwells, Headleys, Uncle Ed and Aunt Renee, Grandma and Grandpa Coombs, Grandma and Grandpa Kullick, the Price family, The Smith's, The Reece's, The Saratoga Cub Scouts and especially Mom and Dad! I am grateful for all the gifts that were given! I wanted to say thank you for Katy's letter and Suzanne's emails and wanted to wish Lauren a happy belated Birthday!
New Year's was really nice for us, we stopped proselyting at 4pm and had tea at a member's home and watched the 1 hour length film of the Joseph Smith Movie (which I now own)! Then Sister Suaybaguio and I cleaned the flat and then went to bed! haha It was very quiet in England as far as the celebrations went. I woke at 12 am to the sound of someone yelling outside then Sister Suaybagiuo woke up as well, then I wished her a Happy New Year haha. That was our celebration for New Year! Then we spent the entire day with Temple Missionaries which was very nice and enjoyable and had very delicious meals!
Sister Suaybaguio and I are staying together for another transfer but I have a pretty good feeling I am going to be moving after this because I have been in Chorley for quite some time now! As a mission we are reading the entire Doctrine and Covenants and marking whenever is refers to missionary work and in a different color when it refers to teaching or teaching by the Spirit and I have really enjoyed it so far! The mission gave every missionary a triple combination for us to use and I have been keeping a study journal with it while I have been reading. It really is the handbook for Missionary Work. Reading the writings and revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith has become a strength to my testimony of him when I speak to people on the streets and in lessons.
We are currently building up our teaching pool again at the moment and we have decided to do that by having one hour of consecrated finding time everyday this week, we are truly seeing success! We begin with prayer and ask the Lord to consecrate the next hour we will have of finding. That within that hour He will place people on our paths that are prepared. We truly dedicate that time to the Lord by literally speaking to everyone within that hour. It honestly doesn't matter what day of the week it is or what time of the day it is because once we show the Lord our diligence, he recognizes our efforts. Yesterday morning and at the end of the hour, we saw success! At the end of the day we had 8 appointments in total which is the most I have ever had in one day so far in the mission. I love consecrated finding time! We were able to have a lesson on the street with a man named Tom Forbes who gladly received the Book of Mormon and who will attend church. I have been so blessed to actually recognize these miracles that happen everyday.
As a mission we are given a 2011 Missionary Goals and tactical steps on what we want to accomplish for this year. I am grateful for how specific those steps have to be because we present these to the President at our next Interviews and Training. I compared my 2010 tactical steps that I made when I first came out into the mission to the ones I have for 2011 and they were really vague; they were not definable or measurable. I have come to realize that writing down goals really helps you accomplish them but if you don't write down specific steps to accomplish them then it is alot more difficult. Today we were practicing the "Questions of the Soul" which is found in Chapter 5 in Preach My Gospel which every house hold should have. Every member in the Stake are counseled to have one in their home and I would highy suggest that whoever is reading this does the same no matter if you are a return missionary or aren't planning on serving one in the near future it does not matter, the General Authorities instruct us to have them in the home. Sister Suaybaguio and I are learning the 15 "Questions of the Soul" for February's the Zone Conference. We have recognized how much we have been able to use this while finding! We will as them, "If you could ask God one question, what would it be?". Then we promise them that the Book of Mormon can answer every question of the soul and then literally turn to the answer and have them read it right there on the street. This requires great faith and study and I can promise you that this exercise has given me more of a determination to study the Book of Mormon and a confidence to know for myself where these answers are.
I honestly love being an official representative of the Lord! I love the structure it brings and the great sense of purpose it gives me because I know that my purpose is to help others come unto Christ by helping them receive this restored Gospel through Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and to endure to the End. Nothing else really matters except this and I do know that we all can do missionary work every single one of us by being examples and opening our mouths and bearing our testimonies! I love you all and appreciate your support and love! Hope all is well!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
P.S. Mom I LOVE my Nutcracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment