Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hard Week


TERESA - Hello again!

Yes, I definitely got Brother Crozier's letter :) Thank you!! And thank you to everyone else who has sent me cards, I really appreciate it!

This week has been a hard week; I'm not going to lie. But despite all our setbacks we are making real good progress with Angie. Little by little we've been seeing subtle changes in her :) So we are happy about that. She has also met Sarah-Jane (YSA) from the ward and they got on fine so that's good as well! But unfortunately, something really bad happened and Brother Harry Short has fallen off the map as of right now. I am completely gutted about the whole thing. I won't go into details but things are not looking too good at the moment. Sandra (Brother Short's wife) is really distraught about the situation. But even though this unexpected sad thing occurred, it has, in a way brought some of the family closer. And Angie is more open to us and the message we share. So I know that when we have bad things happen to us, they are only to make us humble so that we turn even more to our Heavenly Father. I'm so glad I've seen that in Sandra and Angie. So glad.

Lately I've been seeing a whole lot of pride. It makes me so so sad to see people halting their personal progression. They think that they are above the rule, that they are the exception. But they are not. This relates to a talk in the conference Ensign by Elder Jario Mazzagardi called "Avoiding the Trap of Sin". It talks about how you don't think you will be taken over by sin just by neglecting so-called small things. He states, "What may appear to be of little importance, such as going to bed late, not praying for a day, skipping fasting, or breaking the Sabbath—such little slips—will make us lose sensitivity little by little, allowing us to do worse things." It is sooo true! I have seen that every time! And he ends his talk with a question that has really stuck with me. He said, "What are we willing to give to be clean and receive that joy?” The answer should be ANYTHING. I have learned a lot from these experiences and I hope to truly apply this into my life. If I want to be happy like I say I do, am I making the choices necessary to see that happiness occur? Just something to think about :)

And we visited Aileen the other night for the first time in a while! I was really starting to miss her. She made us both happy when she said that she wanted to be baptized ASAP! We told her when moves are (Jan 30) and she was like, "OK, I will tell my doctor that I have to be baptized on the 29th of January." haha Gosh I hope that works out! I'm so glad that she wants me there for it. Hopefully she is given the OK by her doctor because that would make my life if I could see her be baptized! But...I'm trying not to get my hopes up :/ It's at least a nice thought!

The snow is melting! YAY! Let me tell you how happy we all are! Usually I wouldn't mind but here's the thing; since we live out of our area in Menzieshill, we have to walk down into our area into Charleston. We have to walk down this hill (which I have named, ever since I've gotten there, as Dante's Peak haha) Now we have to walk this everyday and with the snow turned to ice on it, let's just say it's made things a little more interesting/treacherous. One day I thought it would be easier to walk on the ice covered grass instead of the pathway (I saw bits of green there, that's why haha) But my comp was smart and stayed on the path. I lost my footing and ended up sliding all the way down the hill backwards on my hands and knees! Haha There was nothing I could do, I kept picking up speed! And then I hit some grit salt and toppled over. But it was just sooo funny! I wish we had some live footage of that. What an amusing experience!

Well that's all I really have for the week so I will fill you in on more next week! Tune in next time! Hehe
I love you all, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Hey cousin!
    Sorry I have been horrible at writing. There is really no excuse. I love you so much and think about you all the time over the pond on your mish. Such a blink of time in the eternities and you are changing so many lives (including your own). Love you so much. I like quietly stalking your blog, you're mom is the best for keeping it up so well!
    Love,
    Bobbie (and family)

    ReplyDelete