Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

One tough week...

TERESA - Heya Family!!

Mom!! Good for you!! Giving out Books of Mormon at the Post Office :) Right on! Tell Erika and Steven Happy 1 Year for me!! That's crazy that I've totally been gone for the first year of marriage! Haha. Did dad like his Scottish ties? (He wore one to Church) I hope so, because I thought he'd love 'em! Rach sent a tape?? Hmmm, maybe I should do that too! I'll get going on starting to get going on that haha.  Mom I LOVE my gift!!! So I'm happy. I am SO excited for my 4th of July Stuff!!! And Crystal light drink mixes :). You are the BEST mom, did you know that? By the way, the apron in the package was for you in case I forgot to label it! Hope you like it mom!

Ok, so this week has been really tough. Gosh, sorry for all these letters! I just seem to be going through a non-stop rough patch right now. But don't worry, I ALWAYS try to look on the bright side of things! But I'll start with the good stuff as always...

FHE on Monday was excellent because we went over the story of Abinadi with them all. We hold family home evening at Sister Green's (a long time member who knows her stuff) and with a few recent converts. It was good we went over Abinadi's story because they all had forgotten it! We were inspired for sure :). They LOVED it and we definitely loved telling it to them! WE all learned a lot.

Tuesday was great because we had our Specialized Zone Training Meeting at Glasgow Stake Center. President and Sister Griffiths were there and the Assistants. It was really great! We talked about setting goals during our Weekly Planning Session and then achieving them in our nightly planning sessions. It was very much needed for sure. I have been struggling with my WPS for a bit and this really gave me the insight I needed to make my plans really come to life during the week. And plus it was excellent to see the whole Zone then too, and the Assistants and President and Sister Griffiths as well. It's tough because once you've served in Edinburgh and been around them for a while it's tough when you move away from it all! Edinburgh is definitely the "happening" place in the mission! But don't get me wrong, I love Glasgow too!

Wednesday was a good and bad day. Our app with P. fell through and Sister Baxter slipped in mud (well actually we both thought that was funny!). But we taught a lesson that day to I.S. our only progressing investigator right now. And it was such a good lesson! We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he definitely responded well to it. He said he'd come to church and that he's looking forward to it! We then went out to dinner with Sister Lloyd (2nd Counselor in the RS Pres) she was sooo nice! She took us to an Indian restaurant! So pretty sure I have eaten more Indian food here then ever before! It was a good time to get to know her :). She served a mission too so she could really relate to what we go through as missionaries.

During our WPS we really tried to implement what we learned during out Zone Training Meeting. And it worked! We felt like it was a very effective planning session and we hope to see it fall into place this upcoming week.

Ok this past Sunday was really good! Ian came to church!!! And he liked it!! Man oh man we were so happy about that. He seemed to be fellow shipped in well too :). P. didn't come unfortunately but we will work on that this week for sure. We will hopefully see I.S. tonight at our FHE but if not we will see him Wednesday or so and talk about his experience at church. WE had asked him to bring a question to church and we promised him that it would be answered. He said to us after church that his question was answered!! Ya ya! He said his question was how to have/gain faith? And he said the answer was quite simple; to pray and read the scriptures! He was really excited about it and so were we :)

So yesterday, Sunday, we went out to Eagleshem a part of our area that is about an hour and a half away from where we stay. And the buses aren't good on Sundays and definitely don't take us ALL the way out there so we have to walk for a good 30-45 mins of the journey. We really still felt like we should head out there anyway, we wanted to try by some potentials and see if we could get anyone there. Well we went finding and no one wanted to listen to us! But to be honest that was kind of the attitude ALL week because everyday no matter what, we did our finding time. We were so proud of ourselves at the end of the week to see that because we made sure we did our hour of consecrated finding time everyday we reached our goal and it was the standard of excellence! But unfortunately we got very little and I mean very little potentials out of it. But it doesn't matter, we did it and we were happy about it! :) But anyway, the no one listening to us bit was a usual thing this week, sadly enough, but oh well. But back to Eagleshem. We tried by 3 people that were potentials. The first one wasn't in, the 2nd one said she wasn't interested, and the 3rd one couldn't come to the door. Man, we were like, Really? Haha. So we were walking by the first potentials house again and I had mentioned how it was unfortunate we could talk to her. Then Sister Baxter suggested we knock again. We did and she answered! She is the sweetest little lady ever! One thing that really stuck out to the two of us was her sincerity and real kindness. Do you know what I mean? I mean the people that just ooze with genuineness. She was so glad she was able to see us. She said she'd been thinking about the missionaries ever since. She wanted us to come back and see her so we set up an app with her! Golly gee we were so happy! Then as we left we saw her leave as well. There was a very small window of time to catch her and Heavenly Father made sure that happened. I am so glad we unknowingly followed the Spirit again! So that was excellent.

This week we have been feeling BEYOND tired! Don't ask me why but we have been wiped. I think I'll go to bed earlier from now on, I'm convinced I need about 10 hours of sleep to function best but oh well!

But I love you all and I hope all is going well for you back home! Thanks for caring about Rach and I! Love you!
Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. "But it doesn't matter, we did it and we were happy about it! :)" Obedience is the key sometimes! But attitude when trying to be obedient is best! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete