Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm going where??!!

TERESA - Family, listen to this!!
I have some CRAZY news for you! OK first of all, I am running out of time on my mission!! Nooo! Ha-ha This is really unreal. I can't even tell you how weird this feels! I still feel like I've got an entire mission in front of me! I cannot believe it for a second. So that is definitely one BIG thing I had to express!! Ha-ha

Also, Moves call was last night!! Now I had a feeling that I was going only because Bishop had me speak in church because he felt that I was going to be leaving the ward soon (he has NOT been wrong so far!). Also, everybody kept saying that I was a goner and I was leaving! Honestly, I didn't think that way only because I'm in the middle of training AND I only have 2 moves left (AHHHH!!) and I could very well die in East Kilbride, after all I did stay in Dundee (home sweet home!) for 9 months! So I really had no way of knowing what was going to happen actually. But last night we got them. You ready for it? OK I'm staying the same in East Kilbride... ha-ha Just kidding! Well, Sister Peterson is staying here but as for me...I'm going to Ireland!!! I've been called to serve in the Republic (Southern Ireland – North and South are two different countries) And I'm going to be in the Dublin Zone!! Yay! My specific area in Dublin is Baldoyle. I am going to continue to follow up train and the Sister's name is Sister Ring. She was in Sister Peterson's group and she is super nice. She's also from Canada, neat huh? But can I just tell you how excited I am?! My whole mission I never thought that I'd go to Ireland and now I'm finishing off my mission there! This is so great. I hear the people there are really friendly but the work can be a bit more difficult with the Catholics verses the Protestants troubles. But I'm totally up for it! I will definitely miss East Kilbride and my lovely Scotland but change is progression so I'm really looking forward to it :)

Brother Ian Smith is doing MUCH better. He was having some really hard times there for a bit but he's coming back strong. I hope he can stay steadfast on this path but that is what the Atonement is for after all. He has not been confirmed yet but is progressing in that direction. I'm not too worried about it. It's when he's not coming to church that I would be concerned, but his heart is in the right place and I do have confidence in him if he continues to place his trust in his Savior. Things are really looking up :) So nice!

But lets see.... what are the happenings lately? Well on P-day the Glasgow Zone went to the Stake Center in Glasgow and played games, it was really fun. And also this week we have really tried to get into some other members homes and visit with them, you know, besides the regulars. And we were able to meet with some others and they were just SO nice! It's a shame I won't be around any longer to see those relationships progress :( But I'm excited for the new companionship to experience that. We visit a lot of widows and one that I like especially is Sister Gaves. She lost her husband 4 years ago and is still completely heart broken about it. She is such a lovely lady and she wants me to send her a wedding invite when the time comes! Ha-ha I thought that was so sweet and she said that would mean a lot to her and she'd look forward to receiving it! (That may take a while though! ha-ha) But that just shows me how seemingly simple things like wedding invite make a huge difference to people. It shows that you care and want them to know what's going on in your life. I am definitely going to send some to the people I've served around! Just a side note :)

One day this week we went blitzing with the district. Where we all go to each other's areas at a time and work in their area for an hour. It was sooo fun! I've done it once before and I love doing it. It helps the other missionaries and it sure helps in your own! But we were able to find a potential investigator that day! She seems so great and I hope the sisters will have success with her :)

Today we went by Pamela Galbraith. Man, I missed her loads; it had been ages since we've been able to see her. And thank goodness we did, she has been struggling really badly for a while and we were able to invite her to come to church and to really meet with us to learn more about how the gospel can really help her. She was totally up for it. She said that she wanted to go to church, not just for her girls but also for her. She really wants that help in her life. It was wonderful and I was really sad I had to say goodbye. But she wants me to write so I'll be able to stay in touch with her and her family. Good thing too, because I would hate to loose that relationship. I hope she progresses.

But this has been great! I really am going to finish hard and enjoy every minute of it! This mission has been an opportunity for growth that I would've never gotten if I hadn't decided to go. I love this mission. I love these people. And I love this gospel. It is true, it really is and I am SO grateful that I am apart of it.

Thank you for helping Rach and I with everything. You all are the best! I love you family! Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

P.S. Mom, since I went to Loch Lomond twice and went in different ways I would say that I definitely took both the high road and the low road! Ha-ha Love you more.

3 comments:

  1. Ireland? Totally cool! I have always wanted to visit Ireland! I'm so glad you are pushing through to the end, you are awesome! Keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland way neat, can't wait to see some more pictures. I bet your new companion will be so happy to be with you. You are going to do great in that area I am sure. Glad to hear Brother Smith is doing better. Can't believe your time is almost over... so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on taking both the high road and the low road...

    ;)

    PS. Excited for you that you are getting to finish things off in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete