Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Only Sister on the roster!


RACHEL - Hello Family,

Wow St. George again, you all definitely love that place! Well, I hope you have a good time and enjoy yourselves!

On Monday we went to Manchester Piccadilly and Sister Bibb helped me find a bargain of an outfit and so that was a new experience to go shopping on a mission for cute clothes, but I enjoyed it.

On Tuesday we had our usual District Meeting that takes place from 10:30am to 1pm (including District Lunch that we all pack before hand and eat after the meeting). It was great; our Mission has been focusing lately on the importance of Teaching people not lessons and centering our teaching around their needs and their understanding. So it was good to learn more about that. After we went and taught Brother Daz Bennett (our Investigator) at Sister Helen's home and it was on the first part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is doing very well with cutting down his smoking and is aiming to stop completely on the 9th of August so he can be baptised on the 20th! We then called by a potential Investigator who actually didn't end up being there but he had given us his girlfriend's address and so we taught her instead and she wants to be baptised! That was a true blessing and miracle. Then we had a visit with a less active who then drove us over to another less active's home so we could have Tea with them! They are Bill and Christine Lancaster and they are hilarious and they want to come back to church, it's just a matter of making that first step. Then we taught another investigator named Patrick and he serves in the military. At the end, we invited him to be baptised and he said he would and wanted to come to church! What I have come to understand is that each investigator is different (I know that's obvious) but sometimes we may place the same standard of pace on each investigator when it should be to their needs. So with him, it will take some time.

On Wednesday was our Sisters Meeting and it was wonderful! It was so amazing to see all the Sisters in the Mission and to speak with all of them to see how they are doing! It was a beautiful day and we had the meeting from 10:30am to 5pm and Sister Preston prepared the most delicious meal. It was great to get to know Sister Preston more and to meet some of her family as well! I just love the feeling I get every time I am in the Mission Home, a warm and familiar feeling that encircles you. Oh, it’s fantastic.

Just a side note, I got a letter from two of my recent converts from when I was serving in Chorley almost a year ago. One from Patricia Kent (the one that got baptised and not confirmed) and from the Smith Family! I hadn't heard from them since I was transferred. I cannot express the joy I felt as I opened their letters, in fact I could barely read them because of the tears that flooded my eyes. At that moment I realized that just getting them baptised is not the only thing that matters, but helping them stay converted throughout their entire life is what really counts. I cannot make their decisions for them, but I can continue still being their missionary and friend no matter where I am. Oh, I love them with all of my heart! Debbie Smith and Jessica her daughter attended the temple to do baptisms for the dead, I was so overcome with joy when I read that. It is such a blessing the satisfaction that comes from ONLY missionary work, no other work compares to this feeling that I had as I opened their letters!

Saturday would have been more interesting and I will tell you why. The Assistants to the President mentioned a way one of the stakes here and the missionaries could be more united and that was a football match between the Missionaries and Members. This happened on Saturday and I was informed this by one of the Assistants at the Sisters Meeting about this. He mentioned how it all just came down to Elders that were chosen to play but how I was the only Sister that they put on the roster to play as well. Although in the end I didn't play, (because they I would have been the Only Sister on the entire field) I still felt extremely flattered to be mentioned and on the list! Today, we are playing football for a Zone Activity and the elders keep building me up and say I play amazingly, but my goodness I am so out of touch. Ha-ha Its fun anyway.

Sunday we attended the Mission home Fireside with Brother Bennett! It was sooo crowded there that us missionaries waited out in the back yard and even though I didn't hear a thing, Bro. Bennett enjoyed it so much! And it was nice to catch up with some of the Sisters!

I love this work and I love my calling! I wish everyone the best and I love you all! Thank you for everything that you do and have done for Teresa and I!

Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. A Sisters meeting? That sounds like a great spiritual boost! Not to mention and energy boost too! Just something about the sisters getting together that lifts the spirits!

    And that is quite an honor to be chosen to play football. You were/are quite an athlete!!

    Keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete