Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

The good and sad news

RACHEL - Hello family!
Thank you so much mom for the package of the Ensign of the Temples, the two General Conference talks (Sister Holbrook sends a huge thank you!), and your wonderful letter! I love getting letters from you and to hear what is going on in good ol' California!

Haha Mold grows here like crazy, but I have been scrubbing down the showers here in the flats that I have lived in so far :) so it isn't too bad.

Elder Neil A. Anderson is speaking at Stake Conference?? man.... never did we have a member of the quorum of the 12 come, but once Teresa and I leave, they come running! haha Tell me all about it and take lots of notes for me and Teresie! So you are in the Choir for that special meeting eh? Well you will have the best seat and you won't have to be all the way back in the nose bleed seats by the stage ;)

Well, a lot has happened this week and it didn't go how I would've liked it. There is good news and very bad news.... Good news is Patricia got baptized!! It was wonderful!! When we went to see her the night before we felt prompted to show her a DVD on Temples. Most of it went way over her head but whenever she saw a Temple she lit up; the Spirit was very much there. We also gave to her for a present a Triple Combination and the Bible with a scripture case, she loved it! When she gave the closing prayer it was the first real time she truly spoke with Heavenly Father, it was beautiful! She was saying how excited she is and how she'll "never ever ever" forget tomorrow! She said how blessed she was for meeting us and how happy she is for becoming to know Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father more. Needless to say I was in tears and so was she! I experienced the meaning of "my joy is full". The baptism was modestly attended but still very sweet. [see the picture below] We sang for her "I Walk by Faith" and two of the fellowshippers that have gotten to know her gave her a journal and a picture of Christ. It was wonderful!

Bad news... She didn't get confirmed a member or received the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. Apparently her son called her up while she was being given a lift by a member going to church that if she didn't turn around right then and come home her family would disown her; it was a very abusive phone call. Patricia was very upset and didn't want to loose her children but loves the church. The member dropped her back at home and we haven't heard from her since. Her children had found out the night of her baptism that she got baptized and said that all those Mormons want is her money and that they are awful people. She tried to tell them that we are nice and that we're not like that. All we can do right now is pray for her and please whoever is reading this, can you pray for Patricia Kent as well? This broke my heart.. but I know that the Lord has allowed this opposition to happen because he knows Patricia is strong and can overcome this.

It is because of people's misunderstanding and lack of knowledge that bring them to fear. If only people would take the time to try to learn the truth instead, then this situation wouldn't have happened. Satan wouldn't be trying so hard if this gospel is not true, he wouldn't bother. But I can testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth. The Book of Mormon is simply the word of God. It doesn't matter how much anti-Mormon literature is published that tries to disprove the Book of Mormon or Christ's Church, these facts still stand and that is that this is all true. Millions have come to the knowledge that it is true and that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God. Period. We, as missionaries (that means you by the way) are looking for the honest in heart and we are finding them everyday, those who have been waiting for so long to be happier, to know the truth and we are the ones who have to let them know. We must open our mouths and declare what we know to be true and if you don't know, go find out (Moroni 10:3-5). It is so simple and we as humans try to over complicate it.

I will keep you updated as to what happens next. Thank you to you all who have written Teresa and I and have kept us in your prayers! It is greatly appreciated! We love you all and hope all is well with you and your families!
Love you all, Sister Rachel Kullick

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rach, that is so hard to hear. I hope she can get through her trial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough situation. I hope that one day things will turn out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Patricia. Hopefully all that hate will lead do a desire to understand more about this church.

    ReplyDelete