Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Mission Vision


RACHEL - Dear Family,

I was deeply sad to hear about the Empey's son who passed away. Please send the Empey family my love and know that I will be praying for them. I wanted to also say thank you to the Smith Family for the gifty they gave this Christmas to Teresa and I.

Debbie Smith (our recent convert) just received her temple recommend and will be doing baptisms for the dead on the 21st!! We are so excited for her to experience these wonderful ordinances!

This week we had Zone Conference and it was truly amazing. When I first stepped out into the field the first day in the Mission Home, I had a couple of key tools introduced to me. In the England Manchester Mission we have a Mission Vision that all the missionaries take very seriously which is wonderful because it helps us reach our true potential.
The Mission Vision
Pure in Heart
Exact Obedience
Preach My Gospel
We are always striving to be pure in mind, word and action with everything we do. To always be obedient with every rule and policy because we know that they bring freedom. To read Preach My Gospel at least 4 times on a mission from cover to cover as to help us to be very familiar with the doctrines.

I was also introduced to the Sacred Missionary Document, which shows examples of a Social Missionary, an Honorable Missionary and a Sacred Missionary in every single aspect of the work. Every missionary is striving to do just that, to become sacred and to become like Christ.

I was also introduced to the Quality Gospel Conversations that have completely transformed the Mission. We are to Teach, Testify, Ask a Question and Invite (it doesn't have to be in that order) when Street Contacting or Tracting. Because of QGC's we have been supplied with the tools to know how to talk to people and to help them come unto Christ. They have now introduced this into Teresa's Mission like she said and I am excited for her to use them! Since QGC's have been practiced in the England Manchester Mission there has been a 200% increase of souls being baptized by street contacting alone, it’s amazing!

I realized that I hadn't explained the culture of my mission to you and wanted to tell you how it has helped me strive to reach my true potential. I have a long way to go but I am always trying! This Zone Conference we learned about Moroni's Title of Liberty. The Standard he raised for the whole world to see with the things that they would live and die for and the things that if you were to read that standard you would know who they were. From this we spoke about what our Title of Liberty is for the England Manchester Mission. I have a picture of it on here and it has the mission Vision, QGCs and Power Statements, The Restoration and The Book of Mormon, Invite Others to Come unto Christ, and Pathway to the Promise (this was from my first Zone Conference ever which we know that the pathway, the Mission Vision leads us to the Promise, becoming a Sacred Missionary). At the bottom is what we all are striving to become. It is also on a "rent garment" just like Moroni's! haha I thought this was great! Then every single missionary made their own Title of Liberty and I placed in the middle what I want people to see and know that I am or trying to become. And in the corners are the things I would live and die for, The Restoration, The Family, Missionary Work, and the Atonement. And at the bottom what I'm trying to become which is like Christ.

I am so grateful for this wonderful time I have been given to serve the Lord! I love being a Missionary! Thank you to those that helped me get to where I am now! I love you all and will speak to you soon!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Sister Kullick, You are making me so proud. Thank you for being a WONDERFUL example to my boys. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete