Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Exchanges

RACHEL - Dear Family and friends,

On Monday we played Zone Football and it was a blast! Ha-ha there is really nothing more I can say about that :)

Tuesday was amazing! We had our Multi-Zone Training and we had a great training by Sister Preston on how to better become a “Preach My Gospel” Missionary. Then we read and discussed in detail Doctrine & Covenants 2-4. It was really enjoyable and we all taught each other. We were later trained by our Zone Leaders who spoke about acting promptly on the Spirit and what it directs us to do. I realized that I needed to improve more in that area by being better to speaking to everyone. Then the real interesting training was by the Assistants. We all got blindfolded and spun around and thrown into a rope that led to many different directions. There were many Senior Missionary couples and the Mission President guiding us or leading us astray. I have played this game before in FHE on my mission with the Smith family, but never have I done it with other missionaries. It was a really fun time and they recommended to us that we do it with the Ward where we are serving as a Fireside. It is something I would love to do.

After the training, I then went on an exchange to Whitefield with Sister Shen while Sister Suaybaguio came here to Swinton with Sister Bibb. It was an amazing Exchange! I was in a 4 Sister flat with Sister Dell with Sister Carey, it felt so great to come back home to more missionaries, something I have never experienced before. Sister Shen and I were able to get two New Investigators during that exchange by tracting and many Appointments. I got completely soaked on Wednesday that the water went through two coats and shirts and boots, ha-ha it was still an amazing day :) Sister Shen is about 27 years old and from Taiwan. She is an amazing example to me with her diligence and love.

On Thursday we exchanged back and that took most of our day because we were trying to find Sister Bibb and Suaybaguio then we went and had a quick lunch. We went back to Swinton but I wasn't feeling well at all so we stayed in for most of the day till a tea appointment with members and our Investigator Brother Bennett. We had to push Brother Bennett's baptism back one week because he struggles with the Word of Wisdom, but bless his heart he is really trying hard and doing an amazing job! We are so proud of him!

On Saturday we helped the Elders in our Ward with their baptism of a family of three! We were so happy for them and are excited to have them in our ward!

This week was a very good week and one that I am grateful for! I love the opportunity to share this gospel with hundreds of people and I love my fellow Missionaries! I am very grateful for the England Manchester Mission and how it has completely changed my life! I love the Book of Mormon and I love my Savior! Thank you for all that you have given to Teresa and me!

Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you! You keep rockin' it and working hard! We are all proud of you and are happy you are happy serving! Thanks for the good example! Love you!

    ReplyDelete