Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Manchester 180 Day Book of Mormon Challenge

RACHEL - Hello!

You took no pictures (of Steven & Erika’s Open House)??? Are you crazy? haha Man you have an open house and no pictures?? Well hopefully you will be able to find some pictures somewhere! How was it though?? Great? I bet it was, tell them I say Congrats!

Who came down for the Wedding and open house again? You mentioned Kay and Linda. I know that all 4 of you will have a great time in St. George haha at the "Castle"!

In my ward they are doing "The Manchester South 180 Day Book of Mormon Challenge" this is to celebrate 180 years of the church, so we are asked to read the entire book in 180 days! That's 3 pages a day and we started on the 5th of July. We are to mark every time Christ is mentioned in any form and to highlight when Christ speaks. It has been soo great so far and I am loving it! They are even having a blog for it at manchestersouth.wordpress.com. It has really gotten me into really becoming involved in the scriptures so I hope all of you can join! We are to finish on December 31st!

Our Ward had an Island Night! It was a blast! This is where one of the missionaries put it all together; he is Samoan and got a lot of people to cook a whole bunch of foods from different Islands and different cultures. We had Island Performances like the Haka, I can't spell it right but it’s the one where all the elders did this dance to remember their ancestors that was soo amazing - I loved it! There were Limbo Competitions and I had to make so many decorations for it last minute it was crazy! I drew so many Plumerias, Starfish, Palm Trees, and obviously turtles (I'm sure you remember my necklace that I still wear) and these were all big paintings too. haha I am no artist but I think it turned out ok! It was a great time!

As you know I sang at a funeral and we sang, “Because I have been Given Much”. It was a beautiful service. Sister Bowen lost her voice randomly so I had to find someone to sing the melody while I sang the harmony! But yeah that was soo interesting about Sis. Bowen losing her voice. She didn't have a cold or has ever lost it while on a mission. But because of this I had to teach the lessons and be the main person to talk to those on the street. She was able to get her voice back a couple days later and before that I wasn't talking all that much. You know God works in mysterious ways and honestly we both thought about it and that was a way to force me to really just be confident in my teaching and teach our investigators. I felt great teaching them and them understanding me. He really did give me a chance to be more confident.

I was wondering if I could get some ideas for fun interactive lessons. I have already done some pretty creative things and some are from some stories that I remember hearing from Return Missionaries. We did one lesson where we were teaching about the Law of Tithing and we took a doughnut and said this is your income and the 10% out of the center is what you give to tithing. It may look like you have less than you had before but then you place a tea light in the hole of the doughnut and show them that you are able to have to spirit abide with you more and all the blessings that come with that! haha I thought that was a creative idea and it was fun! We have done one more like that but I don't have time to write it down but you know what I mean!

Unfortunately we lost a few investigators but gained 4! It is amazing this family wants to be baptized!

And thanks to Jefferson who wrote me! That was soo nice of him!

Can you tell Lauren to have people who are only my friends see my pics on FB, its unbelievable; members here are finding me on FB ahhh!! Just makes sure they can't see any other pics than my profile picture!

Anyway I love you all and thank you for your support!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Love Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment