Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Smart Start Session

TERESA - Ok so....

This week has been swell. This is Sister Nelson's last move so she goes home after this! Noooo! She has been an excellent trainer and I'll miss her goofy self :) She has been a great help to me because of her upbeat attitude. We've not only been companions but friends, and it has made all the difference. I will be very sad to see her go and I feel very nervous when I think about when that time comes. But I know the Lord will help me with the area so I won't be completely lost!

But anyways we went to Edinburgh for my Smart Start Session in the mission home. Pretty much just doing training models (role play) the whole time, which was actually a lot of fun! And plus, it is always fun to be with all the missionaries and to see the mission President and his wife! But it was funny cause we took a train there and then we had to walk in the pouring rain from the train station to the mission home! We pretty much drowned haha. It was totally worth it though.

We also had our Zone Development Meeting, which is great too! And this time it was a little different because of the combining of the missions. We have a new Zone Leader transferred over from Ireland and he's quite funny because as a "get to know you" game he had us all play Mafia. haha It was different! But Sis Nelson and I also had to do a presentation on charity in missionary work and I think we did pretty well :).

Uh lets see anything else...

The Castle was nice, but you're right mom, after a while they all start to look the same! And that's sad cause I've only seen 2 haha. But it's still nice.

The work has been kind of slow just because the people who we've been teaching haven't really been progressing so.... that's lame! But we are trying to find new people and strengthen the ones we have. So just one thing to keep in mind: Every member a missionary! And yes, you hear this ALL the time but it is truer than you could ever imagine. All our work is for nothing unless members step in and out of their comfort zones to fellowship recent converts and less actives. And what is fellow shipping you ask? Well, it's just a formal fancy word for friendly. That's it! All we want members to do is say hi, sit next to them during the meetings, invite them to things; being friendly! It is so simple. So please, could everyone who's reading this just say hi to someone who seems to look a little lonely or out of place? Because everyone is a child of God so they should never feel out of place at church that should be the one place where they have friends and support. So even if you've already done stuff like that, it doesn't mean you've filled up your quota for the month. It is and should be an everyday effort. Missionaries can't do everything, we need members help!!

But anyways, life has been good. I have been missing Rach quite a bit actually but I know I'm ok and that the Spirit will help us! I so LOVED getting your letters! Thank you so much dad and mom for the support. And thanks Steven and Erika for the postcard. I can really feel your love through the letters I receive! Thank you! I am so lucky and blessed to have the family that I have and I wouldn't trade you guys for anything! Thank you for raising me in the gospel.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Love always, Sis Teresa k

1 comment:

  1. So true, so true! I will step it up and be more friendly to those around me. Everyone does need to feel loved, needed, and wanted. There are so many opportunities in the Singles Ward that Harvey and I serve in, so thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete