Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Written letter!

Dear Daddy-O!

It has been so wonderful to have received all the letters you have sent me while on holiday in St. George! I have love reading all of them! I thought I would write a letter back in response to all of the ones you have sent recently.

I had a fun time looking at Alma 51 with you through your letter. I agree! There is no end to the ways your testimony can grow while reading the scriptures and how Joseph smith couldn’t have written all that himself! I would love to share experiences while studying but honestly I have received more revelation while I have been thinking. Like that passage I shared with you! I have some more that have made a big impact on me that I’ll share later on.

That story about at the gas station in Baker, CA was hilarious! (For more details see, Steve, Linda or Cary!) I can’t believe he wouldn’t notice that his pants were all the way down under his bum! Ha, ha, ha, wow…and you didn’t take a picture?! Just teasing!

I’m excited to see where Teresa’s flat is in Scotland! It was great to know that you could “walk” with me to my flat and around it! I will try to let you know of any other addresses and thank you so much for archiving them for me! That sounds awesome!

This last transfer Sis. Bowen left for home and unfortunately I didn’t realize how amazing she was or how much I missed her until I got my new comp. We had not been getting along so great; we kept having these little bickerings and it just didn’t get any better till I had to say something first about it. And at the end of it actually turned out really good. Since then, we are really warming up to each other and are becoming friends! I am really happy about that because to be honest I was not happy for those first few days but now it’s all good and we are teaching really well together! I agree. Your first priority should be the companionship because it makes all the difference!

I haven’t seen any castles yet and to be honest there really isn’t much around me, everything seems to be in Southern England and Scotland but yes it was still fun to go to where P&P was filmed! We will have to do a whole bunch of things when you come.

And I can’t throw my keys to my new comp because I am the “designated driver”. I actually think that near the end of my first year, I may be asked to try to get my license here, which would be amazing! Because then I would have it for life but considering I barely passed the one in California, maybe not! Ha~

I can already tell that I am getting stronger and I thought I was good with people but now I realize I am getting even better with people with what I am learning. I can feel myself becoming better. Serving a mission was my call ever since I was a little girl. I am amazed that as a little girl I had faith that became knowledge to know that this was and is my purpose. I recognized what I wanted and needed, which I knew could only really happen through serving a mission. Heavenly Father knows me and knew I needed to do this to become what I will be; something great!

I really do thank you for all the support that you and mom have given me and Teresie our whole lives and just believing in us! I know that you are my parents for a reason and have prepared me so much for serving a mission because of your own personal experiences on your missions!

I pray every night for the gift of teaching, which is actually promised to me in my patriarchal blessing but seems to not really be coming. Can you pray for me with that? I would be so grateful! I am becoming a better teachers but I still want to be wonderful so that my investigators will understand the doctrines clearly. Thank you for your love and support!

Love you both sooooooooo much! Thank you!

Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment