Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Brian's Baptism!

RACHEL - Hello family

Oh my goodness things just keep getting better and better don't they? ... But I believe in miracles.

I hope Mickie and Matt are all right and that the fire didn’t touch their home! I am excited to see your lesson from RS and to add it to my collection of talks and such. I used Dad's object lesson with the rubber band and they loved it!! Thank you dad for you Brilliant ideas!! You are the best!

Not much has happened with me this past week except for our investigator Brian Hill was baptized!! He is about 38 years old and was being taught by the Elders but then we white-washed in and took over teaching him! So it was wonderful to see him make those promises and we're excited to see him progress in the gospel.

We are teaching a woman name Patricia Kent who is about late 40's. She has a baptismal date for the 9th of October! I remember walking beside her in the street and asked if she needed any help (because we were on a slope going upward and she had a cane, walking slowly). She said she was all right and then I began to share our message with her. She then told me that she wasn't interested but something told me to keep talking to her. After a little bit she said that we could meet with her! She now says to us how glad she is for me stopping her in the street and to have kept talking to her even though she said no at first. I truly know that it is possible to be persistent and respectful at the same time. If we have the Spirit we can receive the gift of discernment to know whether or not someone is truly ready to hear the gospel even if they say no. I have felt this wonderful gift one other time besides this and know that it is essential to always keep the Spirit with you so you can be an instrument in the Lord's hands.

I am so grateful for you mom and dad and hope you know I am grateful to you both for teaching me good principles and even just to be polite. So many times I run into people who are incredibly rude and immature who are twice my age. I am grateful for this gospel and what it brings to my life, real happiness.

Thank you to all that has written me, it really makes me happy to know how my family and friends are doing :)

Love Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great how you listen to the promptings of the HG! Very cool...love the story and LOVE reading your testimony.

    ReplyDelete