RACHEL - Hello family!
I hope everyone is great because life is beautiful even though it might be hard to see it that way at times. I just wanted to say thank you to the Mays, Reese's, Jefferson, Grandma and Grandpa Kullick and Coombs for your letters!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write! When I went to Zone Conference, I received 3 letters from you, mom! haha thanks soo much for them!
Tell Katy that I love her so much and that I am praying for her. My trainer reminded me so much of her and it was wonderful because Katy has always been a wonderful example to me. It was nice to feel like I was around my cousin all the time!
And if I know Colton at all he just has facial hair for kicks right now and as a joke haha hey... Halloween is coming up soon!
I got to go to Lyme Park again and apparently I am the ONLY sister that has gotten to go twice! haha It was great and this time we went with quite a few sisters because the seasons are changing soon; gotta catch it while everything is in bloom! But I got to become great friends with a Sister Kerr! She is from California, down south close to Oceanside! And she is amazing; we get along so well together and really want to serve one day with each other. Keep my fingers crossed! I was also able to go on exchanges and got to go to Lancaster for two days with a Sister Anderson! She is great! She is from St. George Utah and I believe lives in or near Santa Clara! She is so fun loving and is a great sister! I am definitely fortunate to have so many wonderful Sisters in my mission! I can't wait for and opportunity to serve with all of them!
We exchange back at Zone Conference and that was really amazing! The President's wife, Sister Bullock, released to us the new standards and appearance dress codes for Sister Missionaries and let me tell you I was somewhat surprised! haha Some of the BIGGEST changes is that 1) We don't have to wear nylons anymore 2) Our skirts don't have to go to mid-calf anymore but it only has to cover the knee 3) we can wear Really bright colors (well we were allowed to do that before but now it can be as Bright and stand-out“ish” as you want)
But those were the biggest changes but I'm sticking with what I got already and I'm not going to change cause it's not that big enough of a deal to me as it was to some other sisters.
On Saturday it was English Heritage Open Day, this is where some places are opened up for tours and what the church decided to do (this was brilliant by the way) was to have tours around the church, MTC, Accommodation Center, Family History Center, and Temple grounds! They put this in the Newspaper and Sister Holbrook and I were asked to be there to help direct people where to go and to answer ANY questions! And surprisingly enough from 10:30am to 5:30pm there was around 220 people that came for these tours! It was amazing! I honestly now know what it feels like to be a Temple Square Sister and it was a lot of fun! We stayed the whole time and answered questions for all who came! Mostly everyone who came in didn't know that these grounds are open for everyone to enjoy respectfully, they just thought it was for members of the church only. This was a great experience for the church and I hope they continue to do this at least twice a year now!
This Saturday we are having a baptism! Brian Hill is 38 years old and was an investigator that the Elders had prior, so when we white-washed we got to continue to teach and prepare Brian for his baptism! We are excited for it!
Unfortunately Allison Smallshaw we had to drop because of a lot of issues of her getting mixed up in legal problems and her not being sincere in wanting to be baptized. I pray that things get better for her soon though. But we are doing ok with teaching and finding people and I continue to pray every moment to be guided by the Holy Ghost to have those individuals who are waiting to hear the restored Gospel placed in our path. Thank you for all of your prayers and letters I hope everyone is doing great! Love you all!
Love Sister Rachel Kullick

YAY for no nylons! Not a fan... :oP Hope the baptism goes smootly. :o)
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to have Sisters around you that you like . . . I mean Elders, I mean - well, you know what I mean.
ReplyDelete