Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sick...

TERESA - Hi family!

So everything is going OK right, and then BAM! Friday morning at 1 am I start throwing up! Ahhhh. And that continued on till 5 am. Sister Sheffield got sick too and so we called the Elders to see if they could come by with some coke cola. They come by at 7:30ish and to our surprise, they had gotten sick as well! What the heck? Pretty crazy that all 4 of us got hit with is at the same exact time. And it wasn’t food poisoning because we hadn’t had any dinner apps for 2 days. We phone President and Sister Griffiths and they told us to stay inside and get better. They told us stay in all the way until Sunday! So we were in for 3 days straight. Gosh, it’s good to be out now. But news of the missionaries being sick spread like wildfire around the ward and people would come by and give us stuff to feel better. It was really nice of them J But I don’t know, we all don’t think it was a coincidence that we all got sick at the very same time-there had to be a reason! We don’t know what that reason was but I’m sure it was important! Haha


But anyways, we had some bad news, Angie can’t get baptized as soon as we’d like because she’s addicted to some pretty hardcore drugs. This is the really sad thing about the work. You will find and teach people who want to be baptized and do the right thing but can’t because they are taken prisoner, pretty much, to drugs. It is so sad. That’s how I’ve seen the adversary grab a hold of people the most, through drugs and immorality. That is why I am so very grateful for the gospel and the commandments! Honestly, I think it is the funniest thing when people think that the gospel standards “restrict” them. I couldn’t be more free to make decisions because I’m not held down by those addictive and destructive things. I see people who claim that doing those things brings happiness and freedom, when in reality, it is not hard to see, even for them, that they are among the most miserable and confined group of people. I know that the gospel is true and that it brings real and true happiness!!! It is just so painfully obvious! Haha


So sorry, but because of my sick fest this week, we don’t have much to report on. But I want you to know I love you all and I am really grateful for the prayers and love! LOVE YOU!


Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick


P.S. dad I wrote you a letter, so keep an eye out for it! Love you. Also the picture I’m sending is us by a member’s thatch roof!! Crazy cool!

3 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about freedom with the gospel! I'm so grateful you and my kids learned that lesson early in life. It not only pertains to drugs and alcohol, but financial matters the church tries to teach also, Pay your tithing and you'll be blessed. I love your letters! It fun to hear about how you are growing! Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Teresa,
    Sorry you're sick. Sorry you weren't able to baptize, perhaps she'll remember how learning about how the gospel made her feel and then, who knows, may change and get baptized later. We never know how we affect each others' lives, do we?!
    :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick Fest... Interesting term - hope it doesn't catch on. lol
    We will miss you at pumpkin carving. Halloween just won't be the same without you guys! Sounds like you are doing well.
    We are headed to the Grand Canyon next week. Decided to support Arizona, and besides, we've never been.
    Love, Uncle Ed & Aunt Renee

    ReplyDelete