RACHEL- Dear Mom and Dad,
Can I just first say how much I love and appreciate you both? Teresa has done a wonderful job at expressing the love and gratitude that she has for you and Dad as parents and now, especially after Jeffrey R. Holland's talk, I feel it is my turn to say how much you both mean to me.
His talk touched me deeply as all I could think about were you and Dad. I know that you both have sacrificed so much for your children to be able to have all that we have been given. I am so grateful for the time and money that was put in to helping Teresa and I to serve full-time missions. I am so grateful for the love and never-ending confidence and support that we received from both of you to help reach our goal of serving missions. Thank you for always believing in us and in our true potential of what we could become. Thank you for always being there for Teresa and I when we would have our differences or when we would have great struggles of adversity throughout High School and with having broken hearts. Thank you for always recognizing that Teresa and I are unique in our own way and are individuals. Thank you for loving Teresa and I for who we are even at times when we didn't deserve it. We recognize the blessing of having you both as our parents and I thank Heavenly Father every night for blessing me with you two as our earthly parents. I have no doubt that we all had special relationships with each other before in the Pre-mortal life and He recognized that and knew we would all help each other greatly in this test that we have accepted with gladness. I am so grateful for you both teaching me at a young age in the home the importance of the gospel and the blessing that come from living it. Thank you for being the wonderful examples that you both are and for the strength that you both give Teresa and I to overcome anything. We recognize even the sacrifices that you both have made that your children are not aware of. Thank you so very much, your love and sacrifice has not gone unnoticed. I love you with all of my heart.
General Conference was the most amazing experience as an official representative of the Lord. Just in the first Session of Saturday's Conference alone, it practically answered all of the questions that I had in mind while I watched. I was awe struck at how Heavenly Father was speaking directly to me through his representatives. I know he is ever so mindful of me and the concerns that I have. We were unable to watch the very last Session of Sunday (due to time differences) and I missed it greatly. Even though I was able to feast upon the words, which were spoken, I recognized that I didn't have my dessert. I was able to have my appetizer and two main courses and never knew how important every single course was in a feast until I didn't receive the last one. General Conference is truly a feast and I know that if we start skipping courses we not only show disfavor to the chef, but lose the nourishment that our spiritual bodies greatly need. General Conference only happens twice a year and those are the times we should be looking forward to the most!
The talks that stuck out to me the most were Jeffrey R. Holland, Rosemary M. Wixom, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Gerrit W. Gong and Neil L. Anderson. I loved all the talks that were given and can't wait to read them when they come out in the ensign! Especially the one I missed, Sunday afternoon session!
Thank you so much for the package mom and dad!! I loooved it! I loved the magic tricks dad! They are so much fun and my companion are going to use them for our lessons soon! Thank you for all the candy, Halloween decorations (they are up already in the flat!), the Keihl's supplies (thanks Erika), the Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD (thanks Sister Rowberry), and pedometer (my Companion and I were talking about how we needed one of those! I'm wearing it now! Ha). Thank you for all of that, I love it! I was also able to receive a letter from the Calls and Headleys! Thank you for all of the love that you send our way! Teresa and I love hearing from you all!
I love you all and am so grateful for all of those who helped Teresa and I get to where we are now!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

Okay, the first sentence my eyes were watery and could barely get through this without tears falling. What a sweet letter...
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful letter for any parent to receive. This was so touching, Rachel! I love to think of your mom and dad's joy in reading it...
ReplyDelete=)
To be honest... I edited out several more sentences that you (Rachel) wrote because let's face it, after this rave review, it felt like I should be walking on water!! Nevertheless, I do I love that you are sweet, kind and caring. I love that you are diligent in being obedient to the commandments of God. I love you for what a special girl you are. I am grateful for all the things you have done for me and I am excited to experience both your missions with you and then the rest of your lives after your missions too. I do love you lots.
ReplyDeleteWith hugs and kisses, Mom