Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

TERESA - Hello Familia!


So as you may have gathered, everything stayed the same for moves :) Thank goodness!!! I am in Dundee still and I LOVE it! That means I still have much to do here....and I'm ready for it :)



Aileen's C-section went according to plan and all is well! Little Benjamin is doing so well. He was even baby Jesus in our Ward Christmas Nativity play! Cute huh? Aileen can't be in water until 5 weeks and she said she wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. And since this moves is a 7 week one, I just might maybe be able to be here for it! Let's pray for it!!



The ward is taking good care of us here on Christmas. We are having breakfast and opening presents at the Bishop's (yay!) and then dinner at either the Campbell's or the Menzies (both amazing families!) and then phone calls, movie (Toy Story 3, we are all so excited!), and just relaxing! I can't wait!! But I do have to say that it still doesn't really feel like Christmas, you know? I kind of feel like, "What Christmas is this week? No way!" haha I guess it's because I'm not home with you guys or Rach doing the things we usually do. But that's OK :) It's just strange and unreal that it's here. But nevertheless, I am sooo stoked!



So the 12 days of Christmas is going really well......well, actually, not quite! So Sis Daines and I didn't expect it to be this hard! haha First off, Linda already thinks it's us and tried to get it out of us, and just for the record, I am a horrible liar! So even though I tried, pretty sure she totally knows! haha 

OK, Michelle.....wow her "12 Days" is really tough! She lives in a flat on the 3rd floor. The first day went OK, I just had to take off my shoes and pretty much jump down the stairs after knocking. And then the second day, I get ready to do the same thing and when I turn the corner to her flat door - what do I see but a dark figure standing by her door! Its totally dark in the stair wells. Michelle was out there smoking (we are still working with her on that) and I just panicked and got out of there. I ran to the bottom floor outside where Sis Daines was. Sis Daines asked me what happened, when I came back down with the oranges still in my hand. I told her that I wasn't going to do that again and she would have to just go up there and chuck them at her! haha As we were talking/freaking out about this we hear a squeak and we look up and there is Michelle poking her head out of the stair well window! She said, "What are you doing?", but in a way that I don't think she knew who we were. So Sis Daines ran in and threw the oranges at her and we bailed. Oh my goodness! 5 more days of this?! We definitely need to cover the Word of Wisdom again with her :)



We've been going around giving members our special Christmas message that we made! And the reaction has been wonderful! Everyone has loved it so far :) So if I still remember it next Christmas I will share it with you guys! But for now, you will just have to wait in joyful anticipation :) haha



We aren't really teaching any investigators right now but we are looking through the list of potentials and formers and going by them and asking if we can visit with them again. And also Angie Short (the Short's  granddaughter) is back and should be clean so hopefully we
will be able to teach her again and set a baptismal date! We will see her tonight, so we are hopeful about things to come!



Well, I love you all and have a Merry Christmas!!!!  Thank you for everything!!!

Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed the orange story. That was an experience you'll probably remember for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a little hard to surprise others with the 12 days... I'm not the best 'liar' either. I giggle and talk too much. I think it's great you're doing it! :o)

    ReplyDelete