Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh my s'mores...

RACHEL - Hello!

We do have a microwave and a teakettle so if you would like to give some more tips on keeping warm that would be great! Aw that is so sweet of Wendy Penny, tell her thank you for her concern but we are doing well and it hasn't been sooo cold since but it is chilly! I am just a wimp because I come from California!

Mom, I was thinking the other day how I used to spend my Thanksgivings back at home and I remember you and I always attending those Thanksgiving Services at those various places of worship. haha I couldn't help but laugh about the Thanksgiving before this one where our van got broken into in the parking lot of a synagogue! (Cary's comment: I am not sure I was doing much laughing!) haha Good times eh? We have some great Thanksgiving memories together. We will continue that when next Thanksgiving rolls around :)

It has been snowing a little bit here but apparently everywhere else in England has been hit with more snow than Chorley! But then when the snow falls, then comes ice (which is very slippery if I might add speaking from experience of falling twice) and then the slush. And it is real slush too and you would think that it wouldn't be slippery but oh my s'mores is it slippery! Since this area is either where we walk or literally run all the time, the weather has made that a tad difficult from getting to A to B safely and quick! I have enjoyed living in the Snow for the first time and last haha it is a great experience! This is Sister Suaybaguio's first time ever seeing the snow in person and she loves it but is suffering from the cold! I have put up our Christmas decorations that were already in our flat left by some previous missionaries and I put together our Christmas tree. It is interesting no one here has real Christmas trees, they are always fake...probably because the houses are smaller here or that they don't have access to real pine trees, I'm not sure.

I am not sure about our plans for Christmas day yet, but I can imagine visiting a couple of member’s homes on that day for quite a few dinners and puddings (dessert)!

I am sooo excited for the baptisms that will take place on the 18th of December! Debbie and her 11-year-old daughter Jessica are so excited about the Gospel! Jessica is already telling everyone at her school that she is Mormon and because of that she is discovering a lot more kids her age who are Mormon too! She even said she wanted to serve a mission, which was the BEST feeling in the World!! To think of the ripple effect this family will have by living the Gospel throughout generations makes me overcome with joy! The Gospel was restored back to the earth for literally only one reason and that is for families to be sealed together forever. Elder Nelson said that (I paraphrased of course) and it is truly what the Gospel comes down to, families. Period. I love that! So that should tell us where families should fall on our priorities list and what we need to do to strengthen them, such as family prayer, scripture study, and Family Home Evenings.

I am so grateful to be teaching these Beautiful commandments and principles to others! I feel so honored to be teaching these specific children of God and to be given a chance to make lasting relationships with these individuals. There is nowhere else I would rather be and would rather be doing. I know that serving a mission can only be a good thing and that those that are deciding to serve, do it because you will regret this if you don't. There are things and experiences that you will ONLY have when you serve a full-time mission of the Lord. I have really been trying hard on my mission so far to not to return as an honorable missionary but to return as a sacred missionary. I never knew how much of a difference there is between the two, but there is. I know my mission will greatly shape me into who I am trying to become, like my Savior. I am grateful for my calling, I know I have been called by a Prophet of God and he sent me here for the specific purpose of teaching certain people. I know that this Gospel and this Church was the only one that was restored that one Spring Morning in the year of 1820 and that it is Christ's Church in these latter-days. I know these things to be true, I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I love you all and will hear from you soon!!

Love always, sister Rach Kullick

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony at the end. it always strengthens mine to hear anothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I remember falling on my bum in the ice more than a couple times. Thanks for the cold-missionary-refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I read this blog I end up crying. Thanks a lot:) I remember quite a few letters from my sister when she was serving in Germany about some awesome mishaps in the snow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete