It was indeed wonderful to have been able to speak with Mom, Dad, Steven, Sheila, and Erika on Christmas day! Apparently I have an English accent, which I can't see how they think that but I'm OK with that ;) (It is not a strong British accent but it was totally noticeable when she started speaking! Teresa did not have any accent for the record!)
Christmas Eve day began with street contacting in the morning till about 1:30 in the afternoon. Then we caroled for a member's neighbor who is 99 years old! They were amazed to here that I had a great uncle who lived to 103! We then had a lesson with Stephen Smith and Debbie with our Ward Mission Leader. It was a very nice lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was there... I think he is waiting for this big moment when the Spirit will yell to him that this is true, but we have explained at great length that the Spirit doesn't communicate to us like that and so we are seeing him tomorrow and we'll see about the answer he receives! I had told Debbie that I had wanted a nativity that was made here in England but had not managed to find one and for a Christmas gift she gave Sister Suaybaguio and me our own nativities! It is sooo lovely and I'll be sending this home so watch out for it! The assistants to the President also stopped by to give me some more Christmas packages that weren't sent till later and I gladly accepted!
At 4pm we didn't have to proselyte anymore and went over to a member's home and had Christmas Eve Dinner with them. It was delicious and it was your typical Roast Dinner and classic Christmas pudding. Christmas Pudding is not real pudding but rather a fruitcake, so I graciously passed on that one. After dinner we were picked up by our Ward Mission Leader and his wife in Ward 2 and snuggled next to the fire with some popcorn and watched The Polar Express! That was one of the few movies we could watch during Christmas. That was a great evening and then went home.
On Christmas day we got to sleep in to 8am! Haha but I was surprised how my body has gotten use to waking up at 6:30am every morning so even though I was awake for those next few hours I stayed in bed cause I could! We opened our presents under the Christmas tree and I felt so loved! We then went over to a member family, the Mundays and spent Christmas day with them! We then were able to watch Toy Story 3!! I loved it! Then I got a wonderful phone call from my family! After that we went over to visit the Temple Missionaries and I was able to talk with Teresie then. It was sooo amazing to really speak with her and 30 minutes was not enough! She is so wonderful and I love her dearly! But we were able to have a really good conversation! That was the highlight to the day!
I am so happy that Sister Suaybaguio and I get to stay together for another transfer here in Chorley! Sister Suaybaguio and I have actually been having fevers and cold symptoms and have been recovering from these the past couple of days. But we are going to get back on our feet in full health in no time soon!
All in all it was a great Christmas this year and had wonderful memories from it! Thank you to all who sent parcels and letters! I love you all! I hope all is well!
Love always Sister Rachel Kullick

Parcels? not packages? Yep, she's turning British! Uncle Eric will be sooo excited to hear it! Glad your day was special. :o)
ReplyDeleteBummer, we can't hear an accent through your posts. Hope you're having a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteSorry you got sick :(. The accent thing just means you've acclimated, right?...he he he. Love you