Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Training Companion


TERESA - Hi ya!!

Moves call was last night and Sister Peterson is leaving to go home and I'm staying here in Edinburgh. And I am training a brand new missionary!!!! Ahhhh! I am totally terrified! haha My whole mission I scraped by with being junior companion and now I'm a trainer?! No way! Golly gee wiz this is mental. But I had a feeling even though I am never right about these things I thought that maybe I would. Even talking about it gives me butterflies! One of the AP's, Elder Young, told me that they were really praying about it (there is only one sister coming in this moves) and they felt that I should be the one to train her! How nice is that? This is going to be something. I thanked my mission President for trusting me and he said, "Don't thank me, thank Heavenly Father. You will never work harder than you will now." haha Whoa! It is so true as well. I need the push!

This is my second half. I like to compare it to field hockey where as maybe in the first half I didn't play so well. I let a lot get by me and it's like what Potty (our coach) (His real name is Mr. Potmesil so you can see where the nickname came from!) would say, he'd say, this is a new half, new game now. Forget the first half and start fresh, this is your game now, not theirs. And that comparison really has helped me on my mission. I'm ready to get back in there and play my hardest, work my hardest. If I wasn't happy with my play/work in the first half, forget about it and do better this time around. I know it sounds silly and obvious but this really hit me a little while ago. And with training I know it's Heavenly Father's way of giving me that opportunity to be better this time around. Because with training, I HAVE to step up my game, there is no question. So I am ready and willing to give it my all this time around and I am so very grateful that I have the chance to do and be better! This is exactly how repentance is as well. It doesn't matter if you've messed up before. Make it right and move on and do better. That is what I love about the gospel. It is full of second chances and Heavenly Father is going to always be there to help you every step of the way. There is no doubt in my mind that He will help me! He wants me to succeed so why on earth would He leave me alone? He wouldn't. And let me tell you, I am so very glad for that knowledge!!

It's like I am building that bridge of faith. Where I know I need to do something but I have no idea at all how I'm going to do it but I have to put my trust completely in my Savior. For example, and this may seem silly but it so applies! In "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" Indie's dad (Sean Connery) gets shot and so he HAS to find the Holy Grail now to save his father's life. But it gets to this part where he has to cross this huge ravine and it just looks impossible with no way over it. But he sees in his book that it is possible and his dad says that he just has to believe. And so Indie takes a deep breath and says it's a leap of faith and then takes a step into the ravine only to find that the bridge was there the entire time but he just couldn't see it from where he was standing. And that is exactly how it is with us. Sometimes we have NO idea how we are going to get from A to B but we know it is possible even when it seems impossible. So when we put all our trust in our Savior He will show us and direct the way that was there all along with His help. He knows we can do it. The only thing that holds us back is us and our lack of faith. Crossing the ravine is not the hard part, our Redeemer's got that covered, it's getting us to take that first step and trust that He does have it covered. I know that even though we can't see it all the time, the way to reach our potential is ALWAYS there. I know that with the help of Heavenly Father I seriously can do anything. Why do we limit ourselves??

I am sooo stoked for my second half of my mission because it will blow the first half out of the water. I can always improve and be better and this is the time to shine! haha So my companion will be Sister Eliza Woolley (who knows, maybe we're 3rd cuzzies!) and I am so excited to learn from her and all that she has top offer! This will be good. There is much to look forward to. Now all I have to do is have the confidence to get around Edinburgh (2nd largest city in all of Scotland) with no help of someone who's been here longer! But it will be fine :)

I am so grateful to be here now. I love my mission and I know it's helping me to become the best I can be. And boy do I need it! haha But thank you so very much for all of the love and support Rach and I have received from you all! WE love you guys so much! Thank you! I am so happy to hear about grandpa!! I am always praying for him.

Love you, Sister Teresa Kullick

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love to read your humility, enthusiasm, confidence, and testimony! You are truly a great missionary! So I can't imagine Sister Woolley having a better trainer. Go get 'em that second half, you will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, being a senior companion and a trainer no less means taking a lot of ownership in your success. Good luck and work the the young one to the bone! She'll thank you for it later.

    ReplyDelete