Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sifting through the sands...

RACHEL - Hello!
Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes and cards that Teresie and I received! I loved the candy bar letter mom and dad, it was very tasty (Sister Dell thought so too!)! My whole Zone thought it was a giant Toblerone bar haha!

Tell Amelia I am a little sad that I didn't receive a Wedding invitation and that she didn't wait for me to go to her wedding! haha I'm just teasing, but I would at least like to see who her husband looks like :) But tell her I say Congratulations and that I love her! I'm happy that you were able to see Lauren, tell her I love her too and that I hope to hear how she has been doing lately!

Thank you for keeping me updated with Grandpa, I am happy to hear that he is getting better each day! I am excited to see him again and to tell him all the things that I have learned on my mission! Tell him I love him with all of my heart and that I pray and fast for him often!

At this point in Stafford it is all about rebuilding our entire teaching pool. Because our now former investigators have their agency, they are now no longer investigating the church. S. C. because of the law of Tithing and J. W. because of a lot of family opposition. But they both know that this gospel is true because they had simply received a spiritual confirmation.  

But the way I look at it is exactly what my Mission President has been saying to us all along. We are sifting through the sands to find the golden nuggets, the pure in heart, those that are prepared! So I know that miracles are going to happen more here and that if I am a prepared servant of the Lord, then the Lord will send prepared people to me to help introduce the Gospel to them!

We were able to witness a miracle together when we made an appointment to see a former investigator. When we had arrived to our appointment, he wasn't there but his land lord/ex-partner was. She was lovely and she spoke to us about how the world seemed to be falling on top of her. We explained to her how she had a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior. We read Alma 7:11-12 11And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. with her and replaced her name there. She felt the Spirit and since we were pressed for time, we asked if we could come back to teach her more and she said yes! WE are excited to see many more miracles here!

I have loved serving with Sister Dell, she is an amazing example to me and such a hard worker. We get along like we have been friends for so long and I am so grateful for her companionship! It is interesting how now I can look back so far with every one of my companions and know now why I was placed with them for a specific purpose and reason. But I know that my best companion that I will have with me on my mission is the Holy Ghost. I am very grateful to have the closeness to the Lord and the Spirit to receive spiritual promptings. I am determined that I want to know without a doubt that Heavenly Father can trust me. That He will know that if He places someone in my path that is prepared, that I will speak to them when prompted by the spirit. I am excited about the thought of becoming like my Savior, because He is my Example and who I want to be like. I truly want to become like Him. I am so happy and grateful to my decision to serve a full-time mission, I am changing and I am very happy about that and I want this change to be a permanent change no matter what.

Tomorrow we are having a special Sisters Meeting at the Mission Home! All the Sisters from the Mission we be there and I honestly don't have any idea what to really expect except to be excited for it! Sister Bullock (the Mission President's wife) called me earlier this past week and asked if I would like to give a 3-4 minute talk to all the Sisters on the topic of how to stay positive and what to do when your area is struggling. I was really surprised when I got that phone call. But she said I would be perfect to give that talk to all of the Sisters. That was really nice to hear and now I have completed it and am very excited to give it! I will let you know how it goes!

I love you all and thank you for all of the support you have given my sister and I!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

2 comments:

  1. A Sister's meeting, Huh? How cool is that! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sure you will be uplifted more than you expect, by joining your spirits together. And I can't think of a better person to speak on that topic! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the new investigator will turn out to be that golden nugget!

    I am excited for you to be speaking to the sisters. I know that you will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete