Wow Elder Patrick Kearon was there?! And he's married to the daughter of Joy Hulme?!! What are the odds?! That is so neato! I hope then I'll be able to meet him someday! ;) But I didn't get a package from you yet mom. Nothing that fit?? Oh I'm excited! By the way, I need a pink gelly roll pen! Ha-ha I ran out and I need it for a scripture project. Thanks mom! Oh and it's 4th of July coming up! I'm totally excited! We are planning on going up to the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond! You know like in the song... "I'll take the high road and you take the low road..." We are ready to celebrate! And I was hoping I could get a 4th of July flag or whatever! But its ok if it'll be too late :)
Ok so this week has been interesting for sure. We got a new investigator named P. and she is so great! She wasn't able to come to church this Sunday but we definitely have high hopes for her. She's in her late 30's and she has 6 kids! Her youngest are ages 6 and 4, two sweet girls named T. and M. P. is totally lovely and wants her family to have a religious foundation. She said she researched what are church's stances were on a lot of main issues of the world and said that she found nothing she disagreed with! She totally agrees and understands our message and said that if she knew it were true she would act on it. Gosh, it was such an amazing lesson and it was super natural, which is what we strive for! She said that there was no coincidence that we came to her door at this time of her life. She said that she had been really praying to know what to give her girls (they are the focus since her boys are all grown up now). She said she couldn't ignore this as her answer. She's excited to take her girls to primary so that they can get that belief they need! So yes, we are looking forward to teaching her.
Later in the week unfortunately we had been sick! On Thursday Sister Baxter wasn't well and on Friday I wasn't feeling well. It was just tummy troubles so it's passed now. Thank goodness! But we had to stay in for those days. So Needless to say I don't have too much to report on! Sorry, but I'll do my best.
We taught our other new investigator, I.S. yesterday the Plan of Salvation. He has a speech impediment but he still really gets the message we're sharing which is nice. He wants to learn more about what we share and read the Book of Mormon for a bit before he does anything about it. Fair enough. He says though that he doesn't know if he could REALLY know it's true. He has absolutely no religious background so this is all new to him. But that is why we keep emphasizing prayer to him. Letting him know that he can't get that answer from us, only from Heavenly Father, and He'll let him know. So hopefully he seriously pursues that course and prays with real intent.
I was reading Moses chapter 7 and boy is that a good one! Honestly guys, you should pick it up and read it sometime soon. I gained a lot of good insights from it that I never really thought about before. And it just further confirmed to me about how we have the MOST loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ ever. Wow, I just am always just so happy when that gets reconfirmed to me over and over again!
But anyway, I am sorry for the briefness of this e-mail! Hopefully next week will get more exciting! But I am always trying to remain optimistic because remember how I said A LOT can happen in two days well it's true. And it doesn't just go for the good things either; A LOT of not so good things can happen that quick too. We weren't able to get a hold of W.W. this week :( He did kind of drop a bombshell on us later anyways, so we don't know how too promising that will be. BUT, even so, it was a real example to me that Heavenly Father loves me and sees my efforts. Us not being able to get a hold of him after doesn't change anything for me :). I still know it! I am excited for this coming week! I know I'll be able to improve and find people who are prepared! I just have to find them! And that's ok, with Heavenly Father's help, I WILL be led to them. I know it.
Thank you for everything! I love you all so much! Thanks mom and dad for EVERYTHING you do. I love you both!
Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

That was a great "mission in a nutshell" post. Highs and lows with a refreshing dose of optimism and scripture. - Will
ReplyDelete