RACHEL - Dear Family!
Life on the Isle is beautiful and the work here is progressing more and more as each week goes by! This past week was a little different because we had a Zone Conference. Now usually that wouldn't seem an unusual thing but we didn't even get to be with our own Zone but with two other ones instead which I was OK with because there were more Sister Companionships in the one we attended. Throughout the entire trip all these Elders who had served in the Isle before kept wanting to hear about how it is and how everyone is. Let me tell you, all the Sisters are quite eager for their time to serve here, but I am grateful that the Lord trusted Sister Rothmund and I to be the first Sisters white washing. Seriously, I love white washing! If I had to choose between White washing and training, I would be more partial to white washing even though training was great! The Conference was on the Thursday so on Wednesday we took a ferry at around 4pm and arrived at the Liverpool docks for the Zone Leaders to come pick us up at around 7:30pm. Well, that was the plan at least because when they finally arrived, they couldn't even pick us up! Haha so we had to find our own way to the Liverpool Bus Station in the City center and then get a bus from there to the Sisters Flat. But they were very kind about it and gave us money for the bus fare and called to see how we were. We stayed with Sister Chao and Sister Gong, they are amazing and one is from Taiwan and the other is from China.
The next day we had a different kind of Zone Conference because it was a Church History Tour! We began at the Liverpool Docks and went through a Museum, which at one point depicted what it was like in the times of the Saints boarding up and moving to America. It was quite awful living conditions in those days. We took a Coach to our next location which was the River Ribble and then last but not least Downham. It was quite an interesting experience to be back there again because I had been there over a year ago with the MTC. We actually held a short Zone Conference in the Church that was there, in this very old and quaint, I guess you could call it a Cathedral. We learned more about faith and the assistants gave their personal experiences of mighty and simple miracles. They then spoke specifically in a passage of Enos 1:7-8 "And I said: Lord, how is it done? And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ..." They then asked us that when we witness a miracle to turn to our companion and ask the other, how is it done? They then gave us two seeds (faith) to plant on our next P-Day.
We headed back from the Preston Train Station and on the way home Sister Rothmund and I moved a little away each other so we could talk to people on the train. And I witnessed a miracle of sitting with this girl the same age as I and I taught her on the spot the entire Restoration lesson and even invited her to be baptized throughout our entire journey. We closed with a prayer as well. She was amazing, but I will not be able to see the fruits of that because she will have to be passed to the missionaries in the Preston area. I am very grateful for that opportunity! When we arrived back we taught our Investigator Jason Bickle and then went to teach a young man named Berry. Well, Berry invited his brother and friend to listen as well so we then had three new investigators! What a Miracle! They were very receptive and we are excited to see them progress!
The Saturday was a very rainy day but while we were making our way on the street to call by a Former Investigator, we stopped this young man and asked if he had a couple minutes to hear what we had to say and he said yes! So we moved underneath an overhang of a shop and taught him the entire restoration lesson and offered a prayer and we are seeing him tonight! We are very excited! We were able to have quite a few members come out teaching with us and don't worry it wasn't the same fellowshipper over and over again ;) It was for some Sisters in the ward their first time that they have ever came out teaching with Missionaries because there had always been Elders before. All of them loved it and are so willing to come and bear their testimonies! This is really helping build our Member trust. I have also found that having the members see you street contact is Very important. So many members at church commented on how they passed by in their cars and saw us speaking to so many people. They were very impressed and this ward is quickly coming to the realization that we are working hard.
All in all I feel pretty amazing and blessed to be here! I got the camera mom! Thank you and took pictures with it at the tour! I would show you the pictures it's just that the computer I am on right now is super old so it doesn't have an outlet for my camera cord :) haha so next week I will have them for you! I love you all and I do hope that you are all doing well and Teresa and I are grateful for all of your love and support! Take care!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
Oh mom, I need original American recipes for a cooking cultural night they are doing in our ward, S. Rothmund is representing Switzerland and I want to represent America. It could be dessert or anything else! Thank you!

Wow you are working hard! All the places and people you meet sound lovely! Keep on keeping on your experiences are wonderful and priceless, glad you write such detailed letters.
ReplyDeleteI love to hear how confident you are, talking to people on the train and even asking them to be baptized. That's totally cool! You are being blessed with so many little and big miracles! And I love to hear about them all! Keep up the hard work! Love you!
ReplyDelete