Dear family and friends,
Happy Birthday dad! You should be getting a tiny package from me soon! I hope you had a great birthday!
The week began with going to a special place on our P-Day in Peel. We went to the House of Manannan, it was incredible! It was almost like a museum but was very interactive and very detailed and realistic! I really enjoyed it; it took you through almost the entire history of the Isle of Man up to the present. There is honestly so much to look at on this Isle that there is no time as a missionary to do all these things, but that's ok.
We were scheduled to go over to Liverpool for a specialized training and had a ferry taking off at 3pm. We had then planned to do our weekly planning on the boat ride over and then arrive at 5pm in Liverpool. The Sisters had already had some lessons planned for us to go to when we got there so we were very excited. Plans changed for Sister Rothmund and I however when the weather was very grumpy. It became very windy and then even stormy a couple hours before we would depart. So we got a call from the Mission Office informing us our Ferry was cancelled and that they were booking a later boat that would leave at 7:45pm and arrive in Hashem (Preston) at about 11:45pm. I was a little surprised at the changes but was glad we were still heading over for our trainings...eventually. Sister Radcliffe (the member we are "living with") gave us some sea sickness tablets to take before we boarded. So we did our weekly planning not on the boat but in the day instead and that filled up our time very effectively. Sister Rothmund did an OK job sleeping on the boat ride over, but I wasn't very successful. We arrived and we received a lift to travel over to Liverpool which took us about an hour and a half. 1:15 in the morning we arrived at the flat and thankfully we were able to sleep in till 8am. Because of that experience, I have been feeling the lack of sleep ever since then and hoping I will catch up again soon!
Our Trainings were a focus on our Quality Gospel Conversations and a new Vision by our new Mission President. Uniting With Members. We are very excited to see the miracles from the new Vision and I am very happy about this wonderful new way to even further strengthen our Mission.
The unusual part of our journey back was that more Missionaries would be traveling back with us. President Preston and Sister Preston! Ha-ha It was great! They came to the Isle with us on our Friday boat ride back at 11:15am and arrived on the Isle at 1:45pm. They would then depart on Saturday in the early afternoon. They wanted to primarily meet the Bishop and some members and Investigators. So, Sister Rothmund and I planned in detail all that we would do with them and who we should see. We planned this with those individuals in a week in advance because it is such a special occasion. First thing we did was arrive at the Chapel and have a Meeting with the Bishop, First Counselor of Bishopric, Ward Mission Leader, A ward Missionary, Us Missionaries and Sister and President Preston. It was a great meeting and the potential for this Isle is amazing! We then went to visit a recent Convert family with three kids called the Sayle family, they are great! Then we went and had tea with a Recent Convert and her husband (our investigator) and their two sons who are all from Romania. It was a very special occasion and they were very happy. Then we went and taught Zoe (our Investigator who is 25 years old) at Sister Radcliffe's Home. Everyone we visited really appreciated and enjoyed the Visit. I am very grateful for their visit here as well. I asked President that evening, "So can you now see why every single missionary wants to serve on the Isle of Man?!". They really did feel something special here.
On Saturday, we had our Cultural Night and a girl who is waiting to turn in her papers to serve a mission (originally from Oregon), baked an apple pie for us to represent America as I helped Sister Rothmund braid her Switzerland bread. It was a very successful ward Activity and very tasty too! I had no idea how diverse our ward is!
I am very grateful for the letters and support that is continually given to Teresa and I while we have been serving. Thank you!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment