RACHEL - Hello Family and friends!
Today has been a very windy day because we are getting a lot of the effects from the Hurricane that is near by, but don't worry it's great here! Last P-day Sister Rothmund and I went and visited Castle Rushen in Castletown and it was great! Haha I had never been to a castle before and that was my first one on the mission! We gave one of the men showing us around a pass along card as well so I hope he gets a hold of us to learn more!
We are pleased to announce the baptism of Jason Bickle on the 17th of September! :) Our Investigator, Jason Bickle had his Baptismal Interview with the Bishop yesterday and passed with flying colors and we are Very excited! He has progressed so beautifully and we are very excited to see him grow stronger and stronger in his testimony. He also desires to serve a mission and we are very happy for the goals he has for the future! Because his parents are recent Converts and a very close friend of his is a member as well, he will be fully supported and taken care of! Seriously, member referrals are the best! They immediately have a friend that they can turn to for support, which is greatly important!
This week went pretty well for us! Sister Rothmund and I focused all of our attention on getting members to our Investigator lessons and so we succeeded with 10 of those and what a week it has been! We focused as well our time and attention to working with members and recent converts and less actives and we have been able to see a lot of progress and trust being gained to us by our Ward members. So needless to say that life here on the Isle of Man has been paradisiacal and we have been receiving a few member referrals and so by Sunday we should have another Investigator with a baptismal date for the 8th of October because of a member's referral! We are excited! I will keep you updated! As well, this week we have everyday already booked for a tea appointment with members in the Douglas ward! These are great opportunities to "encourage" them (not like they really need encouragement) to share the gospel with all those around them.
This past week we got a referral from the office saying an YSA aged woman ordered a Book of Mormon online! So she just so happens to live right next to us and she became our new Investigator! Her name is Zoey and she has recently been on a search for truth and has been looking into many different kinds of churches. We gave her a Book of Mormon along with a lesson and we are excited to see where this will go and she really desires to come to church as well! I will also let you know about that!
We have quite a variety in our teaching pool at the minute so it is definitely making teaching the lessons more interesting!
At this point there really isn't much more to say except for some really exciting news! I managed to make a few requests and was able to manage something really amazing. We are not able to serve with each other at the end. After prayerful consideration we feel this is how it is suppose to be. I then asked if perhaps on my last day that Teresa could be able to spend the night in My mission Home because she will have to be leaving from the Manchester Airport anyway and to spend just the late hours in the evening with me. Well apparently, Teresa's mission actually ends a day earlier than mine and so I was able to request and manage to have Teresa take a train from where she will be after her last day and first thing the next morning to travel and arrive in the Manchester Piccadilly Train Station in England on my last day! I asked my Mission President this who got in contact with her Mission President for the official approval. I fully intend to meet Teresa with a Senior Missionary couple there at the train station. What a special moment that will be... seeing my best friend after 18 months for the first time... I asked President if perhaps I could have maybe just about a couple of hours with Teresa to go finding, to work together and he said that he thinks he could manage placing us right in the middle of Manchester Piccadilly City and go finding together for the first and last time on our missions! What an experience that will be! This was supposed to be a surprise for Teresie as well but I have ordered special-made badges that say "Sister T Kullick" and "Sister R Kullick" for those couple hours of serving as companions together! Then she will go to the Mission home with me and we will then have my Mission Home farewell and she will then spend the night and we will then fly out together :) I was so excited about this and this will be the "sweet" to this bitter end. President Preston is really excited for me as well! Haha
Thank you for those who helped and loved Teresa and I here, we thank you!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

Annnnd I almost teared up a little bit there at the end. What a wonderful day that will be! I expect to see pictures of you two serving together after you both come home. I've never gone 18 months with out seeing Suzanne. You girls are both doing so well!
ReplyDeleteSo what are the plans doe after the mission?
Rachel - That is so cool that you will be able to spend the last little part of your mission together! Can't wait to hear about it after you return home.
ReplyDeleteLove you :)
I've followed both of your blogs and I am proud of both of you. Many blessings await you both. Matt's Dad
ReplyDelete