So this week...well let me see what I can share.
This week has been really good! OK so Monday is our P-Day and we as a zone went out to lunch with each other and a YSA member named Clarissa came with us. She is soooo nice and she's from Brazil. I love her SO much already! She is very helpful with missionary work and she is just so full of love :) But then after I bought an Ireland football jersey and shorts. Now I have ones for both Scotland ans Ireland! I love them! And our District is REALLY tight. We are all best friends and it's like we are all a little family! I LOVE IT! So we all decided we really wanted to show our district unity by getting district T-Shirts!! So we had an idea and everything sketched out (as you know this is my specialty! hehe). And we went to this shop to get it done. The man's name was Igor and he was from Poland. He did exactly what we wanted and then some! He was so great! And the T-shirts looked AMAZING! We asked him how much it would cost and he said nothing, that it was free. We all looked at him in surprise and didn't believe him. But when he kept insisting that it was we practically begged him if we could pay him! Finally he turned to me and said, "Are you proud?" surprised I said, "No?" and then he said, "Good. Then be quiet." hahaha! WOW! He was SO extremely nice we couldn't believe it! So now we have these literally priceless T-Shirts and they are wonderful! I will send a photo soon! This experience showed me true charity. We tried to get to teach him but he wasn't interested. All he wanted was for us to pray for him, well we could definitely do that!
That night we taught Chedu and it was excellent as always! I LOVE this girl!! WE taught her the restoration and she totally loved it. She said that this brought her so much comfort to know that God's authority is on the earth again. A YSA member was there as well, Ivanna, and she bore some powerful testimony! The spirit was so strong! Golly gee, it's times like these where you wish you could be a missionary forever! Chedu is still on track to be baptised on the 8 of next month! She is golden! You don't get many like her, trust me, I know!
On Thursday we had a Zone Conference. It was really good and kind of different from other ones that I've attended. WE had training by President and Sister Griffiths and then by our Zone leaders and we did a few training models. We talked about the importance of our role as missionaries and we also talked a lot about the atonement. Since this zone is smaller then all the other ones in Scotland (for example it was Dublin Zone and Limmerick Zone and that makes up about the same size as one zone in Scotland! Really weird), it was a lot more intimate and personal and EVERYBODY had a chance to speak and participate, so that was really nice. I received some personal revelation from that meeting! And I can usually tell if it is if it's a thought that has not much to do with what's being said but really impresses on my mind! It was great :)
OK so we taught Kevin, our other investigator but he's not progressing really so we are decided if we can keep teaching him or not. So we will see how that turns out. We hope that he will have read and prayed the next time we see him! But Anyway, I want to tell you about Aoife (I spelled it Eoifa last week but that's wrong, sorry! And it's pronounced Effa). Remember she is the one that is covered in tattoos and piercings and came up to me after my talk? Well we went and saw her and let me tell you, it was the best ever!! We really just spent time getting to know her and she is soo funny! By the end of our visit she told us that we weren't as scary as we looked and we thought the same! haha We all got on really well and were able to talk to her more about her feelings about the gospel. She said she invited us over because something in my talk really touched her and she felt like a light had literally switched on inside her. She said that she wanted to know more about what the church believed! Oh my goodness! She even said that this was a big step to invite us over. And it is because she had never been into the gospel although her family was. She hated the missionaries and was not into it at all. But she slowly and surely started coming to church, I guess just to be there with her family. And she would go week in and week out. But things still stayed the same with her until recently! We scheduled to see her on Saturday and teach her and we are also having dinner at her house with her family as well! People will come up to us at church and tell us how happy they are that we are meeting with her. But it's different, it's as if we've struck gold and everyone is shocked and thrilled that we did it! That's the best way I can describe it. But I am so grateful for the spirit. I KNOW that that is how this has happened. It has NOTHING to do with us! I am so thankful to be serving here to witness it! I know I'm to be here for Aoife and Chedu. What a blessing and a miracle! I LOVE it here in Ireland. Dublin is marvelous. The work is special :)
Last night as well we taught Chedu the Plan of Salvation. And it was
excellent! She said how it made so much sense and how fair and perfect it really is. She said she was grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us so much! I LOVE the plan of Salvation! It really is so simple and perfect. I know that these things are true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us with all of His heart and wants us to be happy. I know that we are so blessed with the living guidance and counsel from living prophets!! What a blessing it is to live in the last dispensation of the fullness of times! We are lucky! I am so happy to be apart of this work by serving a mission. It gets a little scary when I think about the end approaching (and it's unreal too) but I know I'm here to finish strong! I love this gospel and I love this mission!
Thank you to EVERYONE who has helped out my sis, Rach, and I! We owe you one! A BIG one! haha I love you all soooooooooo much!
Love Always, Sister Teresa Ann Kullick
P.S. What is different between Ireland and Scotland?
- Well there is more diversity here for sure. More people from all over the world come here.
- The accent here is obviously different as well when you encounter the few Irish people here!
- It is not apart of the UK so it is not under the same government, so there is no counsel housing here (which is SO nice!) So pretty much everyone has a job and is working hard! Not always the case in Scotland unfortunately
- On all the traffic signs are Irish and English! Very fun :)
- At cross walks it makes a different sound when you are to cross. It's like a popping sound haha
Those are the only things I can think of right now! So yes, things are a little different!

Good Luck with Aoife, I'll say a little prayer that things continue to go well with her.
ReplyDeleteI loved to hear the differences between Ireland and Scotland. I don't think I would notice an accent difference... well maybe? Are you a pro at talking with an Irish or Scottish accent now? Pretty fun party trick I must say.