Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Missionary work is WONDERFUL!


RACHEL - Dear Family and friends,

This past week was very very wonderful, but to be honest all my weeks as a missionary are very very wonderful! This past week we were very blessed to have 12 lessons with Investigators with a member present! We really focused on getting members to our lessons and sometimes there will just be miracles where we weren't planning on it and yet the Lord provided! Incredible! 

Jason Bickle was baptised on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! It was a wonderful experience! After his confirmation on Sunday I asked him how he felt and he just sighed and said, "Peaceful." What a beautifully sweet response that was to hear and I truly do know that he is going to do everything he can to always strive to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost throughout his life!  

I just wanted to tell you about a wonderful day called Friday. Friday was full of small miracles that accumulated into a a very wonderful and hard working day. It began by visiting a Recent Convert, Linda Preston, who lives right next to Castletown in Colby. We were teaching her something called the family mission plan that has been adapted to our mission to help missionary work with members. (It's great!) Well, she has been struggling a bit with some commandments and so we visited her first thing in the morning. Then we were scheduled to have lunch in the church before we would teach a Recent Convert, McKayla (who is Romanian) English in Douglas but the problem was we then were scheduled to have to drive all the way back to Castletown to teach our Investigator Zoe. (This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact we are very quickly running out of our miles that we are given for our car a month by the mission and we can't go over.) But then we received a text from Zoe asking if we could by any chance do it earlier. We jumped at the chance but thought to ourselves, we need a fellowshipper. So last minute we called Linda Preston and for the first time she went teaching with us and loved it! We taught Zoe part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then we went and dropped Linda off. After we called our other Recent Convert McKayla and told her we were going to be a little late. When we arrived, we thought we would have time afterwards to have lunch but then we saw Mckayla come in with all this food for us! (We told her not to do that ;)) But we enjoyed and taught her a little bit of English. And when it was about time to go, her husband (our Investigator) came in and so we taught him a lesson as well unexpectedly! After that we then had to travel to Ramsey which takes us about 45 minutes to get there from Douglas so we had no time to eat lunch but you see the Lord already filled our little tummies because He knew. We had a little of time to find in Ramsey and made two appointments. We traveled over to Jason Bickle's house to teach him and then afterwards to have tea with him and his family and close friend, Jodie. After that wonderful lesson and tea we then had to go to a lesson in Laxey and Jodie (who is a Recent Convert herself) came with us and we taught two YSA Investigators, Barry and David, who are originally from Ireland. that lesson went really well but then we were pushed for time to drive back to Ramsey to drop off Jodie and then travel all the way back down to Douglas to teach a lesson to a Potential Investigator, Cath, with a member, Linda Holden. Well, we arrived just right on time and it turns out that Cath's mother was there and was a former Investigator and Linda Holden knew her well! After we read a little bit from the Introduction of the Book of Mormon (and as I was trying to get this huge pit bull and a cross between what seemed like a bear from constantly almost sitting on top of me and cuddling with me. It seemed like George, the dog, really took a liking to me), we had to leave to go home which takes us about 25 minutes or so to head back to Castletown. So covered in dog hair we lefty and made it right in time for curfew! As I fell on my knees to say my personal prayer for that night, I was exhausted but completely and utterly happy. That's how I want everyday to be, full of miracles, lessons, and enough time to do all that we had planned! 

I thank everyone so much for all that has been done for Teresa and I to be here.  I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to be a full time representative of my Savior, I would have it no other way :) I have never felt as complete as when I have been wearing this badge and doing God's work. Love you all, take care!

love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. What a busy wonderful day you had driving around teaching and preaching. I didn't know the Isle of Man was that large. I'll need to go look it up and familiarize myself with where you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete