Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 17, 2011

"Would I do this forever if I could?"

RACHEL - Dear family,

Wow, just hearing about Grandpa actually being able to perform the sealing ceremony just made my eyes brim with tears! Especially with the comment that he has wanted to try because of Teresa and I as well... wow I love you Grandpa! You’re in my prayers and I had been secretly praying (as well as my companions) that one day you would be able to one day perform my sealing ceremony, but I honestly cannot wait just to talk to you and tell you all the experiences I have had and people I have met whilst on the mission! I look forward to that day.

The Isle of Man is a choice land and I am not just saying that. Miracles have been occurring these past couple of weeks with 4 Investigators dated for Baptism on the 5th of November! We had 5 Investigators attend church with us and we are so excited for them all! Their names are Stuart (22 years old), His mom (Elaine), Tony and Jason (early 30's). We are very excited about how much they have progressed and the desire they have to be baptised! We met Tony and Jason just this last week while Sister Rothmund and I were tracting and they were just walking by so we talked to them! Stuart invited his mom around to hear about what he was learning and she wants to be baptised as well! I know that Sister Rothmund and I are blessed and really are trying our best to work hard every day and every moment. Unfortunately, we are leaving the Island for about a week which makes me worried when we have so many great investigators at the moment dated for the 5th of November. But we are going to go to great lengths to see that they are ok and taken care of by the ward! So much work that needs to be done but I would not have it any other way to be this busy and with my hands full in the Lord's work. We are also working with a Romanian part member family to have the husband baptised in December because he already knows it’s true and it’s looking really good that he will before the New Year. But we must take the good with the bad, Zoe sadly decided to stop seeing us but it's just not her time yet, one day she will.

The weather here can be sunny but then the next it can be overcast, misty, or rainy...very unpredictable. However I am grateful for our car! I am very grateful for a loving companion and have looked back at all of them and have realised how blessed I have truly been to have so many wonderful and life changing companions whilst on my mission. Things and the work have picked up drastically this transfer and I am so happy about all of it and with my calling as a missionary. I have thought about it a couple times before on my mission and thought to myself, "Would I do this forever if I could?" and I thought, yes I would love to. But there doesn't have to be an end (that's the very good thing about all of this!) because no matter if we are wearing the badge or not, we are always full time missionaries. We love the Douglas Ward and the Douglas ward loves us and appreciates all the hard work that we do! They are missionaries along side of us and there is no us and them but all of us working together! They are wonderful at giving referrals of just maybe even random people or friends they know which is wonderful because we have gotten a new investigator from all of it!

I am very grateful for a loving Mission president and wife. The Prestons truly care about every single missionary individually just like the Bullocks. I honestly needed both of them to help me evolve into who I am today. But most importantly I am very grateful for my Savior and Father in Heaven and for this beautiful plan that we have been given to become like them. I love the Book of Mormon with a passion and am grateful for the chance I have to make a small difference in the lives of others. I have grown to the people from the UK and British Isles and have made lasting friendships. Oh how grateful I am.

I love you all and thank you for the support given to Teresa and me constantly.
Love, Sister Rachel Kullick

2 comments:

  1. OKay fist off Grandpa performed a sealing? HUH? If so that is AWESOME! I moved and now hear little to nothing from Utah... Also the weather there sounds quite similar to here in Vancouver WA. I get my work out clothes on and lace my tenny's in sunny weather get out the door and 30 seconds later it's overcast and raining... I learned to just run rain or shine and in fact it's fun to run in the rain I think.

    Glad you are still working hard and keep on keeping on! Can't wait to see you when you are done. Love you Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news about your grandfather, Rachel. I had no idea he had progressed that far.

    Perhaps having you and Teresa on a mission has brought him some extra blessings.

    =)

    ReplyDelete