Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Potential Priesthood Holders

RACHEL - Dear Family and Friends!

Wow! Congratulations to Kelly for her engagement! Is this the same young man that had his mission call and she was going to wait for him or a new young man? But that is great! I am very happy for her! Give her my best wishes but will be there for the wedding! (At least I can go to one of them! ;))

This week began by doing service for Sister Radcliffe (the member we are living with), which is always a great time. She is truly hilarious and very down to earth, she's great! Well her daughter got married this week so on Thursday and Friday the house was truly crazy (good thing we are at the back in the extension but we can still hear everything and helped them out a tad)! It was wonderful to see her daughter in her wedding dress right before she went off to the church to get married and then on the Saturday she and her family took the ferry to the Preston Temple for her to be sealed! So Sister Rothmund and I helped fold the table napkins for the reception and so now we are feeding Sister Radcliffe's cat, Thomas, till she comes back which is Wednesday.

The Monday was not a P-Day for us because it was transfers week and so it was on a Wednesday. On the Monday we taught Zoe again with a member and at this point we are not going to push baptism anymore because she actually opened up to us a little with tears in her eyes saying that if she did, she would loose some of her family and friends so she needs to know that this is the right decision for her. Well, she came to us first so we are grateful for her thirst to learn and she has already enrolled in Institute so this is the beginning of something great!

I do not recall if I mentioned a wonderful miracle that Sister Rothmund and I experienced together as we were having tea at a Recent Converts family home, the Sayles. Well at the end of the lesson that we were teaching them, their nephew who is 23 years old came in and sat there with all of us. We left their home but then we remembered we have to ask everyone for referrals and so we ran back in and they said, "Well how about you teach Nathan?" So we taught him on the spot and it was great! We taught him again and apparently he says that everything in his life right now is going pretty great unusually and we let him know that that is no accident and that someone is watching over him. Then following that day, we taught our investigator Remus whose wife is a member and had a great heart to heart with him. Just so you know EVERY missionary that has ever served here has wanted to baptise Remus because he is so amazing. We finally got him to pray and ask the Lord if he should be baptised on the 23 of December (because that was the first date that came into my head) and he promised he would! He knows he needs to be baptised its just a matter of when.

On the Wednesday evening, we taught Shaun, our other Investigator who is 23 years old as well. The elders before us were teaching him and he is just struggling with progression. We laid it out for him that we cannot continue teaching him if he does not keep his commitments or desire to change. We then asked him what would even be holding him back from being baptised and continuing to get better. He thought for a moment and said, "Well actually I don't know really...I guess nothing would hold me back from being baptised." She we set a baptismal date with him right then and there and are progressing to that, hope all goes well!

On the Thursday Sister Rothmund spent the majority of the day finding and it was raining all throughout. Well at the end we ran across this older woman, Ann and she said lets go back to my place and I will give you a cup of tea. So we went back to her home and just had water ;) but she said that she never just invites people that she meets on the streets into her home but she said there was something different about us our auras shone. I thought that was wonderful and so now we are going back to teach her and she said she would even like to feed us! So we are going over to a Potential Investigators home to eat a meal with her! That has never happened to me before! That evening we went and taught a young man of 22 years old, Stuart in Ramsey. The miracle of how we found him because our Zone had a weekly focus of speaking to busy people one day and so he was on the phone in town and we went up to him and asked if he could hang up his phone because we had a message to share with him and he did! Haha she we finally got to teach him and we had planned to teach the Restoration lesson but for the first time on my mission I had felt prompted to change it to the Plan of Salvation. He apparently lost his father a while back and recently his little niece. At the end he said he would be baptised on November the 5! It was great! We are excited to see him progress.

It is quite interesting the type of individuals we are teaching at the moment of YSA men. This Island really has young people who don't know they are looking for something and you would be great priesthood holders and missionaries. It is exciting to see the progress of those coming unto Christ.

On Sunday we taught the YW class with about 5 girls in there and it was helping them understand their worth. It was great! I gave them a commitment that I have developed on my mission and for my entire life to avoid using negative language. No words like fat, stupid, idiot, dumb, ugly...oh even typing those words out make me cringe. They are harmful and destructive and if we can use them so easily for ourselves than it's not too hard to say it about others. I have had to remind my companions constantly to not use those words, not so much about others but about themselves. I am grateful I have never had the instinct of desire to put myself down or to think I was worthless but that especially now more than ever I have begun to truly understand how I must conduct myself true to my divine heritage which is a daughter of a Heavenly King. I love my Savior and my father in Heaven, I know we have all been preserved for this time and because of that we are very very special. I love you all and thank you to Trish for her letter to me! I loved it! I hope all is well with everyone and thank you so much for helping Teresa and I be what we know we can become! Love you all!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

P.S. Mom, are there any Sister Missionaries in our stake by any chance? Ha-ha just wondering.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Normally that age fellow wouldn't be very receptive I would think. That is great that you are reaching out to so many YSA's!

    Keep on keeping on for these last few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, pretty cool some lady invited you over for tea, then back for a meal! I could imagine that doesn't happen often!

    Love to read you emails! Keep up the hard work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete