Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week made perfect by General Conference

RACHEL - Dear family and friends!

I am staying in the Isle of Man with Sister Rothmund still this transfer! I am very happy about that. This may be a short email but I hope it is still a little interesting :) This week was made perfect by General Conference. I had 10 Questions for this Conference and was excited to find that most all of them were answered! The Talks that touched me the most was the one especially in the Relief Society session by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf. The 5th petal as he spoke about got me all choked up and reminded me of my worth. :) And I loved the 3rd petal too!

In the Saturday Morning session I enjoyed Pres. Boyd K. Packer. As he spoke I couldn't help but think of his daughter who has meant a lot to me and how her and her husband has changed my life, President and Sister Bullock my previous Mission President. He spoke about such wonderful and important things that helped me remember the eternal perspective. Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf again who helped me ponder on how much my Heavenly Father loves me as well as my true potential. In the Saturday Afternoon session I loved D. Todd Chrstofferson’s talk on Repentance which was inspired.

The Sunday Morning Session was probably my favorite! I loved Pres. Henry B. Eyring. I don't know about you but whenever an apostle or prophet begins to tear up in their talk, I always tear up too. I mostly remember the warm feelings I had during that talk and what I promised to become when I was baptized. I also loved Robert D. Hales' talk, what stood out to me was waiting for answers to prayers and Waiting upon the Lord. When I saw Tad R. Callister's name I was super excited because I want to read numerous books by him and his talk was so powerful and strong! I was mesmerized throughout his whole talk about the Book of Mormon and its truthfulness. I also loved Elaine S. Dalton speaking to fathers but I also applied it to parents and learned many things I want to be an example of with my children. Of course you cannot forget Pres. Thomas S. Monson! He was hilarious and I loved his testimony of prayer and having the courage to act on promptings from the Holy Ghost!

I still have yet to see the rest of the sessions but all in all, the conference and those asked to speak were there to bring peace and joy into my soul in great abundance!

I am so grateful for living Prophets and apostles today... I don't think we realize how blessed we are. I shudder to think about how I would either just sleep through some sessions before my mission or didn't have as much interest as I should have. But oh how grateful I am to have come to understand the great significance of General Conference and for the increased desire to remember and apply the words and principles of what they spoke into my own life.

Great news is that we received 6 member referrals this past week alone and were able to contact 4 of them! We have a new Investigator out of one of them so we are very happy about that beautiful miracle!

I really do know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and the desires of my heart. He knows what I want to aspire to. I am grateful for the Gospel in helping me achieve my great potential. I have never loved the Book of Mormon as much now than I have ever before in my life and I know it is from God. Thank you so much for supporting Teresa and I in our service to the Lord!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I love how you and Teresa mention the same talks from General Conference. And you both say how happy your are to be staying put! I guess it's a twin thing...;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete