Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE

TERESA - Heya!

So quite a bit has occurred this past week. Let me start from the top.

A rather neat experience happened when we got a text from this guy saying that he wanted to meet with us. We had never met him before but we had given a pass-along card to his friend and she didn't want it but he said that he'd be interested to learn more about our church. So on Tuesday and Sunday we met with him and it went pretty well. He's very Catholic but he's curious to see what we believed. We taught him the Restoration and he responded quite well to it actually! In the closing prayer he even said that it went a lot better than he had expected! Haha Well, hey, that's great! I love investigators' closing prayers; they tell you exactly where they are at and how they are honestly feeling! It's extremely helpful! We invited him to be baptized when he knew it was true and he said that he would but it's a long way off from this point. But hey, that's not too bad! Then that night we had a lesson with Aoife and that went amazing as always! She is so great and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to teach her! Tonight we are going to talk to her about the Word of Wisdom so we hope she reacts well to that (since she's a smoker). But it's been amazing to sit there and see the spirit work on her. Whenever she asks a question she's confused about and we take the time to answer it, you can literally see it click in her and then she has no qualms about anything! And THAT is what happens when you strive to teach by the spirit; otherwise we would just end up messing it up! Haha

Sad news though, we haven't been able to get a hold of Chedu. Sister Ring and I are getting worried about her. Her good friends from YSA also haven't been able to get a hold of her as well. So we have kept her in our prayers, will you as well? Thank you!

We have been working with Brenda Blackmoore allot lately and she is progressing REALLY well! Everything is on track for her baptism on the 22 of this month! Since she was raised Catholic and practiced it her whole life, it's been rather interesting to try and help her and teach her the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But it's been good! We've taught her all the biggies (ex. Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel of Jesus Christ) and now we need to move on the commandments - I think the 10 will be good to cover with her a bit more in depth :) But she's shown some real improvement and has kept all her commitments!

We've been getting the chance to spend some time with members and it's been lovely! Tom and Jasmina are excellent and while we were over there for dinner we got to see a little slide show for the Reflections of Christ, The Book of Mormon one and it was real nice! Also we had dinner at the Meehans for the first time and it was great! They are a younger couple with two kids and one on the way. And it was actually really funny because Brother Meehan really reminded me of my brother Steven! It was so neat! They made me think of the day when Steven and Erika will have little ones and how they'd be with them, it was so weird but fun to think about at the same time! And we also visited Claire White and she's such a lovely woman and really funny too! She stays by herself and because of health she doesn't always make it to church so we will definitely go and see her more often! And of course we spend time with the Troys and Sister Troy made us dinner and taught me how to make homemade French fries! OK so most of you will think, well that's easy; you didn't know how to make that? Haha Yes, I didn't know but now I do!

And here comes the best part of the week.....General Conference!! It was AMAZING! It was JUST what I needed!! And guess what made it even better? For the FIRST time on my mission we had investigators at every session we attended!!! What a miracle! We have been sooo blessed!! And let me tell you, we were not expecting too many to come. And all the past conferences I've attended on my mission NO one has ever come so this was great! Better than great, EXCELLENT! So Brenda went to the Relief Society Session with us and then the Saturday Morning Session Kevin came. Saturday Afternoon session Brenda came again and then Sunday Morning Session Vito attended! And Aoife stayed for 3 sessions! After wards I asked her what she thought and she said, "Basically, I begged my mom if I could stay!" Can you believe that?! And the Sunday Afternoon Session is aired live here at 9p.m. to 11p.m. so we aren't allowed to stay and watch that one but I will later! Golly gee wiz, those were little miracles and I'm so happy it happened! In between the Sunday Sessions (for us it was Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning) the senior missionary couples made us missionaries and all the YSA dinner! It was delicious and very nice of them!

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! The talks that really popped out at me were:
  • -President Boyd K. Packer's (I LOVE him by the way! He has grown to be one of my all-time favorites!). His answered allot of my concerns for after the mission.
  • President Henry B. Eyring. I have now made a pact that I won't let a day go by without reading the Book of Mormon ever!
  • Elder Tad R. Callister's was excellent! It was a nice follow up to Elder Holland's talk "My Words Never Cease"
  • Sister Elaine S. Dalton's was amazing! That one I was wrapped up in the Spirit the whole time! It made me think of you dad! And also of my future home with my future husband and how the Priesthood HAS to be the center of it! It was so wonderful :)
  • President Thomas S. Monson's was most enjoyable! Helped me further recognize the importance of the Spirit! I love the Prophet! He's so funny!
And if you haven't guessed already we've had moves call!!! Really good news............I'm staying here!! Yes! I'm going to finish off my mission here in Dublin! I am sooo blessed!! One sad thing though, I'm losing my companion, Sister Ring :(. But it's not too bad because she has an excited future ahead in Scotland! And I'm going to be senior to Sister Weight. I've spent time with Sister Weight before and she is very sweet and lovely so I'm looking forward to it :). But can you believe it? I am going to be finishing in ONE move. Noooooo! That is crazy talk people! I NEVER thought I'd get to this point ever. But I must say I am extremely excited for the day when I'll come into the train station and get to see Rachel again! Even thinking about it I can't help but tear up! I haven't seen her in a year and a half!! But all in good time. I am so happy that I have the chance to be here serving as a missionary. Seriously, NO place I'd rather be but here.

I love you all and I thank you for the help that Rach and I have received from you! Thank you :) Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I loved Conference too! President Monson's talk was my favorite. But I did enjoy Sis.Dalton's too.

    I'm glad you get to stay, I know that's what you want! Love you!

    ReplyDelete