Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

England MTC #1

RACHEL - When Teresa and I were in the Salt Lake airport we then spotted several other missionaries which was sooo exciting! We then were joined with a few more in the Atlanta airport and with that group with about 30 to 35 missionaries we all bonded and got along very well! Now at the MTC there are about 50 missionaries here and three missionary couples. Including Teresa and I there are 6 sister missionaries. Every single one of them is great and I feel lucky to have such a great companion! Her name is Sister Juvero and she is Philipino but lived in Austria and until she moved to Bristol England at age 19. She is so sweet and has a British accent, which is just a cool side note! haha But I am amazed how close we are and how are personalities are so similar and work amazingly together! Having her makes it easier to not have Teresa around as much. I see Teresa occasionally around when we eat but since Teresa and I are in two separate zones, we have two different schedules. So it is just Sister Juvero and I in our Zone, which is just fine.

We were told that while we are here we will get the opportunity to go out to Manchester Central and street contact which was so exciting to hear until Our district went out in front of the MTC to practice doing that to one another and realized it was a lot harder than we thought! haha So needless to say I was getting a little discouraged by the end of the second day just because I felt inadequate.

But then on Sunday we saw a talk in Relief Society but Sheri Dew (and you know how I feel about her, she is AMAZING!) What she said about how the women in these later days are fearless and noble and great and that Heavenly Father preserved me to come here and represent him! I felt so much better and I now have the confidence. Though it has been difficult to adjust to being a full time missionary just because I was so lazy before I left haha (I know mom and dad, we should've done a lot more and not just sat around and you were right!) But I have been very tired and feel very challenged and like this is so difficult but I feel very happy! I have waited my whole life to feel the feelings I am feeling now! I am excited to grow more!

Anyway my time is up so send me letters so I can spend more time writing to you on here!! I love you all!!! A letter in the mail would probably be a smart idea so that I won't have to use up my time reading so that I could spend all my time writing to you!

Love you all! Can’t wait to hear from you!
Sister Rachel Kullick

TERESA -Hi Family!!
So as you may already know, I am in the MTC in Preston!! So it's actually really tiny because we only have 47 missionaries (not counting couples) and only 6 of them are sisters!! I LOVE it sooo much. And it was funny because they were telling us that this was a huge group compared to the last lot they had, which was only 7 missionaries!! So yeah, things are much different than Provo and to be honest, I much prefer it. I like the smallness of this MTC because I can meet everyone and I have! They are all so amazing! So the MTC is only made up of 2 Zones. I'm in the Hinckley Zone and Rachel’s in Kimball. And even though we've been separated, it's been surprisingly very easy! The Spirit has definitely been there helping us out! So I'm in the Teancum District and hey mom, guess who's in it? Elder Pass! He's actually our District Leader haha, he is totally awesome and fills the role well :)

So my companion's name is Sister Babbel and she's really sweet. You can tell she just loves the work and it's very easy to teach with her! She's a little more reserved than me but we compliment each other nicely. The other Sisters are all so AMAZING! We all get along soooo well (which is quite the relief, as you all know, girls can be real lame sometimes!) But these sisters really know what it's all about. They all have a wonderful spirit and we are consider each other good friends! The two other sisters are in my district, leaving Rach with just her comp, but its ok cause they get along soooo well! I can tell Rach really enjoys Sister Juvero's company.

So I went to the temple today and it was sooooooo gorgeous! And I could really feel the spirit there! Sister Steele (the sister I’m closest too) helped me out with some stuff, which was nice! Although we’ve only spent a little time here, this country is beautiful! I love it here, and we've been having amazing weather, not at all like the weather I'd thought we'd have. It's been sunny! I was expecting rain ALL the time. But the only thing is that it changes constantly; sunny in the morning then to windy overcast weather, then to a light sprinkle! Its not bad, but definitely NOT California weather! In the short time that I've been here I've already learned and progressed soo much in my teaching. I'm finding out that a missionary isn't what I thought they were. The main thing they want you to learn here is to "teach people, not lessons", that's like the motto :) I love this environment and I've adapted really well to the time change! (I give credit to my jacked up sleeping habits back home! Ha Steven! It actually worked to my advantage and I've been doing better than most all the missionaries here!) So it's nice to have a set schedule with that.

Well I love you all but I have to get going. They really don’t give you enough time here! But after this I'm going to play a football match (soccer) with the elders! We've played a lot and I think that they were surprised that I was good! Now they all want me on their teams!

Anyways, I love you all and I miss you guys! Just so you know, you can give ANYONE my mission address! Love you all!
Sister Teresa Kullick

P.S. by the way mom, my clothes are WAY better then any of the sisters! haha thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you girls are adjusting so well to not having each other every second. Good luck.

    Hey Cary- can you email me addresses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like they are doing well! I think it's funny that I sat here in tears (filled with joy/pride) reading about my nieces. I did that with Colton too...I guess I'm just a mushy Aunt. Loved the pics!

    ReplyDelete