Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letter from Rachel

May 24, 2010

Dear Family!

So I may accidently repeat myself in this letter from what I already wrote in my email but you don’t mind. I received your letter mom and it was soo great to get it and read it! Wendy Penny is too funny ha ha! So sweet of her! But actually everyone that I have met so far is really polite but reserved. So it isn’t a bad thing though. And honestly Dad I don’t really feel like I’m in a different world or time so far, although that could be just because I haven’t been out much but when I have, a lot of different places reminded me of the many different places we have back home. So I feel comfortable which I think is a really good thing!

That is hilarious about what Aunt Linda wrote! I was cracking up so much that my companion wanted to know why but it was so hard to explain everything to her, so Teresa and I laughed together about it! (Linda wrote about Kaiyle being scared by a movie that Teresa and Rachel made; “Enjoy Your Peach Pie”!) Tell KK I’m glad she’s not scared of it anymore but laughs along with it.

I got a letter from Grandma Kullick and it was so nice! I’m going to write her back to tell her I really appreciate it! I loved the Mormon Times article about the girls that was talking about serving a mission! My companion loved it soo much too that she read it in a devotional that us sisters do together every night. And I was super bummed that I was not in the newsletter for our ward! (It came out before the girls left!) I am outraged ha ha nah, but I expect to be in there next time.

A typical day at the MTC is… wake up at 6:30 a.m. which is tough but I am the one getting my companion to get out of bed ha ha but she is so willing and obedient. :-) Then we take showers and get ready for the day. At 7:30 a.m. we have personal study time which can be a little difficult for me just because I don’t know how to direct my studies yet. Then at 8:30 a.m. we have breakfast which I look forward to! The after that we could have a class or missionary chat or companion study and exercise. Classes are always soo helpful, I have learned how to ask good questions that will help me understand a person more! So I can teach according to their needs. Missionary Chat is where you go online with your companion and people from all over the world log onto a live chat and ask question about the church and guess who tries to answer their questions? Ha! All the missionaries in training. I have definitely had some weird and nice experiences on there. Companionship study is pretty self-explanatory and it is so great to have my companion! She is awesome! You are right mom; it makes it easier to not be around Teresa. Exercise is always one of my highlights cause we always play soccer! But it is so surprising but Mom, you probably already know this (because you have a widget ha ha!) But it is super nice weather here! Other people in the MTC think it’s too hot but you know that’s how I like it! But apparently this will only last for a few weeks and then it’s all cold and downhill for there. Then after exercise we have lunch at 12:30 p.m. then Personal time where we can sleep (which sometimes I do) or write which I’m doing now. :-) Then we have classes until dinner at 5:00 p.m. and the food is really good here! Then we have to clean at 5:30 p.m. so we clean the bathrooms which I have perfected that task since I do it at home all the time anyway. Then we have more classes after that till 9:00 and that’s when we start planning for the next day with our companion. Then Bedtime at 10:30 p.m. and I welcome that time. But I am always so tired but I realize that I have to get use to the feeling for the next 18 months. Ha ha

But Mom and Dad, I have a question, what is the name of the Scottish man in our ward? (Brother Crozier) And can you mail me my farewell talk? It should be on my desktop on the computer. Or any other talks you think will benefit me being out here. Oh, and have you heard form Lauren at all? Does she know about the blog? Can you somehow get a hold of her and tell her about it and that we miss and love her! Tell me if there is anything else you want to know but I’ll keep you posted!

On this Wednesday, the 26th, I am going to my mission home and I am out in the field so does everyone else but I don’t think I’ll be able to write/email you cause that’s my P-day but since I’m being collected at 6:00 a.m. in the morning, I probably won’t be able to do that. I’m a little nervous but it’s all good!

Well I love you all Mom, Dad, Steven, Sheila, and Erika and Lauren! Ha ha Hope to hear from you soon! Love always, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment