TERESA - That’s so funny that you have been having awful rainy weather lately, we have been having sunshine and warmth here! I guess Rach and I brought the sun from California to the UK! But everyone is saying not to get used to it because it won’t last! Oh well, its nice for now. So my P-days are on Monday and we didn’t have a chance to get things done on that day because of moves.
But things are great here; I'm serving in the Dundee Zone and in the Liff District. My trainer's name is Sister Nelson and she's from Rexburg, Idaho. She is super friendly and bubbly and is really carefree, which is nice. :) She is showing me the ropes but to be honest I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes because I don't know the practical side of things here, like where we are or what’s in our area. We cover so much ground and don’t have a car so it really cuts into our work. But things are still good!
I’m ready to work and learn and to be a hard working, and effective, and diligent missionary! But I was thinking about it and I realized that if you didn’t want to go on a mission just to serve the Lord then you would NOT make it. A mission is not something you do to pass the time or because there is nothing better to do. If you went for any other reason than besides serving the Lord and working to build His Kingdom, you would have a really rough time. Just because there is so much to do that you cant even think sometimes! haha Its ok though.
I was at an appointment yesterday and we were talking with a man named Peter who is going to be baptized on Sunday! He is friends with the Shorts who are recent converts of a week and they are soo enthusiastic about the gospel! It was amazing to see the brand new happiness in their eyes! Sometimes we take this for granted, I know I do sometimes. But I was sitting there and I was just sooo happy! This, I thought, this is what it is all about and I don’t want to be anywhere but here!
People here love my accent, which I think is funny because I don’t have one, they do! haha. But things are great. I love you and I need to find time to write back Gma & Gpa Kullick...I'll try to do that ASAP. I love you mom and dad and thank you for ALL you have done for me! I seriously can't thank you enough. Tell Steven, Sheila, and Erika that I love them as well. I love you mom and if you have any questions about what I'm doing or anything let me know. When I get on here I tend to forget what to write so I just start writing! Ok I have to go but I miss and love you lots and I hope all is well! My prayers are with you :)
Love always, Sis. Teresa

No comments:
Post a Comment