Teresa - Hi ya!
It was pioneer day? Golly, must've missed the memo! I don’t think Scotland is into the whole American Pioneer thing. Maybe it's just my ward here but my companion and I mentioned the idea of a Fireside and they weren't too keen on it! They were like, "no one's going to know what that is, that's an American thing." Haha! Uh never mind, I guess? But that's still great that you made some homemade butter! Haha That’s sooo funny, I laughed when I read that :)
I cannot believe Ashley Wilkinson is back already (from her Brazilian mission)! It feels like she just barely left! That's great though, I bet her talk was amazing! And I know it's nice to get actual experiences from her time spent in Brazil too, that is always more interesting to listen to!
So you sent me a mini package? Thanks mom! I really appreciate it!
So lately we have been meeting with these investigators June and Mellisa and they know that the gospel brings total happiness to their lives! But the thing is, they are getting a lot of stick from people. Everyone is against them and it is getting to Mellisa a bit. But this really made me think of how miserable the world really is. So much so that they have to tear anybody down who wants to fight to be better. It is completely sad. Misery loves company.
I had a really good experience with the scriptures today in my study time! I was reading in 1 Nephi 14: 11-14. It’s talking about how the church of the Devil has dominion over all the earth. And how the church of God had very few numbers because of the wickedness of the people. And let me tell you, it is so true! This really comforted me because it let me know that all this wickedness was foretold and we will always be physically out numbered. And we will often always stand alone. And as I read on it mentioned that the evil people were actively fighting against the saints of God. And here is the best part! That even when all this is happening, the power of God descended upon the saints and they were armed with righteousness and the power of God in great glory. Wow! Even though we get yelled at in the streets and are treated horribly by those we talk to and even though the members of the church are being full on harassed, The Lord is on our side. We will win this battle; it's all a matter of which side you choose to be on. Because although our numbers are few, we have more on our side then theirs as it says in 2 Kings 6:16. I know we have absolutely nothing to fear. I love this work and I know that the Lord will help us in all of our righteous endeavors!!
I love you family!! And I can't thank you enough mom and dad for raising me up in the gospel! I know my life is happier and full of purpose because of it! I love you guys!
Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick :)

Teresa, Way to stay strong and positive when others could easily bring you down! I love it! :)
ReplyDelete