Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Change, accomplish, do something specific...

RACHEL - Hello!

How is everyone?? Great? Good!

Sometimes I get these moments when I stop and think, "Whoa, I'm in England..." haha because honestly it doesn't feel all that different, at times I can recognize it but it's mostly the atmosphere of the place.

So yesterday was church and then church again and then church again! Haha It was basically Church ALL Day long and honestly it is like having two P-days in a row! Its great! In both wards we had a combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting and presented these new Pass Along Cards. And guess who had to do Role Plays to show how to give them out in casual conversations? haha yep you got it, the missionaries! haha Sister Holbrook and I thought we did a good job and got the wards a little more excited about doing missionary work! But I was a little nervous about demonstrating how to do this at first because it was a little difficult to step out of missionary mode and to just be a member of the church giving those Pass Along Cards out. haha But I managed and it wasn't hard at all :)

We had a potential investigator come to Ward 2 (the one that starts at 9:00 am) and he loved it! His name is Fionn, he is about 17 and we haven't been able to teach him yet so we invited him to come to church and he did! He already knew an acquaintance that is a member and she did a great job at fellow shipping him! He said afterwards that being at our church felt so welcoming and friendly! Everyone kept coming up and introducing themselves to him! I was amazed how amazing everyone was! That's what we need to see in every ward around the world! Just saying "hi" with a smile... it isn't hard at all and it makes the investigator feel a lot more comfortable (and makes it easier for the missionaries!). I never knew before my mission how much of an impact that truly makes. It is such a small thing but really does make a huge impact!

After tea (dinner) we went back to church again for a Young Women & Relief Society Fireside and it was amazing! I loved it, they really focused on Personal Progress and being the best you can be. And there the YW, YSA, and Relief Society were all so friendly and loving towards each other! They were all so welcoming and not clique, being here is really teaching me the true importance of reaching out and making others around you feel more comfortable.

Here are some things that were said at Church and at the Fireside that stuck out to me:

You are better than you think you are

We as members share a desire to become better than what we are - to become like Christ

"When I am going through trials, then I know I am on the right track."

"I know this is the true church because Satan wouldn't bother with me if this church wasn't true."

At the end of the Fireside they ask us to decide to:

1. Change something specific in my life

2. Accomplish something specific

3. Do something specific for someone else

I am so grateful for you mom and dad to help me to understand the principles of the gospel from the very beginning and to take the time to talk to me and to develop friendships with me. I am so grateful for the love you have always shown me and for the advice you both gave along with helping me to understand what is most important in this life! Thank you, being here helps me to recognize how important to base a home on the Principles of the Gospel.

I am so grateful to be a missionary!

Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

2 comments:

  1. I love teh little bits of English culture that are thrown in like "tea". Reminds me of how everyone in Canada called it "supper".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why, but this post made me cry...love u Rach.

    ReplyDelete