RACHEL - Hey family!
Patricia Kent hasn't contacted us since her baptism but we were able to find out through a member that has been in brief contact with her that Patricia's son is not allowing her (the woman is in her 60's) to come to church or contact anyone from the church. She is basically being watched and forced by her children to not be happy. This breaks my heart... I am so sad to hear such awful abuse from a son to his mother. Patricia taking on such abuse, some members from the 1st ward and us will be fasting for her on Wednesday.
Things haven't been as good as they could be here in Chorley but we are striving to improve and to expand our teaching pool now that 3 investigators have dropped us. Our Weekly Focus was to make sacrifices in our District. During our weekly planning we felt impressed to give our only real progressing investigator, Chris Burns, to the Elders. We were bummed to have to give him up but he is progressing very rapidly now and we are happy to leave him in such good hands. Now we are just finding and on the past Thursday and Friday we have walked 18 miles each. Even though things aren't going so well, Sister Holbrook and I feel a sense of peace, which is strange, but we know that something good and some miracles are going to happen very soon!
I went to Liverpool and LOVED it!!! Man, it felt a little like San Francisco but the culture there is apparent! It was beautiful... definitely a place I would love to serve and to visit as a tourist!
The other night I had this dream that actually really frightened me and I didn't realize how funny it was until I was telling Sister Holbrook about it. I dreamt that I was at home in California. I was looking out the living room window and saw these HUGE space ships landing and Aliens were emerging from them. Two of them (in the form of humans) came in and told Dad and I that they were going to destroy the world and take over the human race. They said that they were going to accomplish this by taking over families (corrupting them) and by re-writing the Book of Mormon falsely. I told them that no matter what, I am going to keep my original copy!! Then Dad and I made a run for it and booked it down the street! Haha the things that missionaries dream up.
But I really thought about this. This is what Satan's plan is, this is exactly it. Interesting enough that this was how the Aliens were going to destroy the world, only going after Families and the Book of Mormon. These two things are sooo important that we have to protect them because Satan is attacking both of these right now. This will destroy the world if we don't start defending what we know to be true and what can last forever. Remember he works subtly, that's why we have to put on our armor now! (Ephesians 6) We are already on the winning side but that doesn't mean he won't put up a fight.
I love you all and thank you to those who are so supportive of Teresa and I!

Sister's Kullick, I love the example you ladies are setting for our families. I just got a chance to try and catch up on everything I've missed in the past 6 months. Know that you both are in our prayers every night and we love you so much. Love, Bobbie and her little clan.
ReplyDelete