Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Senior Companion!

RACHEL - Hello family!

I am sooo glad the Gundreds were able to stay with you, but I am sorry for the circumstances in which they came and visited. I hope all is well.

Well, A LOT of changes occurred this transfer....

Sister Holbrook is gone... I am still in Chorley.... Follow-up Training and going Senior Companion!! Ahhh! It’s not quite at all anything that I expected to have happen, but I am up for the challenge! My new companion's name is Sister Suaybaguio and she is from the Philippines. She has only been out on her mission for one transfer (6 weeks); she has the most pure heart and is very kind and thoughtful! I'm excited to serve and learn from her! I hope I can do my best to help her to feel more comfortable in missionary work. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father and Mission President for their confidence that they have in me in follow-up training one of my fellow missionaries! It is comforting to know that if I do all that I can to be an obedient missionary, and then I can be guided and led by the Spirit to know what I can do to help them grow and progress. Now it is not to say I am not nervous because I am plenty nervous but I am definitely at peace when I know I do not have to lean unto mine own understanding, (because if that were the case then I'm in trouble!) but to lean unto the Spirit and not be afraid to say to her when she has a question that I will sometimes not know the answer and that we will find out the answer together. Oh boy, please pray for me that I can do this properly because I literally feel like I haven't been out for Any longer than one transfer either!

I have a true testimony of prayer and how powerful that communication is with my Heavenly Father. He is truly there listening and helping me become more like his Son.
Love you all bye!!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Love always Rach

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rach (about our Aunt). Good luck with SENIOR companion! I think you will be GREAT! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, along with your President we all have complete confidence you will be a great Senior Comp too! Just keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete