Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

"Puddle" and Dream

TERESA - Hello family!

All is going snazzy here. Sorry I didn't have time to write you last week! I have to write President and Rachel and I hate to say it, but it took priority! But I knew you'd understand haha. So “moves” are seriously just around the river bend haha. It is this Sunday! Ahhhh! And honestly, I don't know what's going to happen but we all think that Elder Duncan and I are leaving the District. We'd both been here for like 6 months and it's only our first areas! But you never know! But next time I email it will have already been moves, so I'll let ya know then :)

So Aileen Baird has set a baptismal date!! YAY! It's set for the 5th of Dec. Kinda far away but it was the only time that her husband Angus had off work. And although he doesn't want to learn about the gospel, he says he will support her in whatever she wants to do, even if he doesn't get it yet. But honestly, I know with all of my heart that he will accept the gospel someday and that their little family will be sealed in the temple. Aileen's decision to be baptized is only the beginning! I am so excited for her. She wants to get baptized before the baby is due but that may not happen due to some complications in the pregnancy. But she's been to the hospital and it looks like everything will be ok, she's far enough along that if it needs to happen it will be ok. But I am so impressed with her faith in Heavenly Father. She has only gotten closer to the gospel because of this little trial instead of pulling away. The adversary doesn't want her to get baptized at all and is trying to throw things at her that will stop her but it won't work. He always tries to do that when anything really great is about to happen. Good thing we know how he works!

We are going through the "Smoker's Clinic" with the Shorts and it's going really well! I really like teaching it (I've never done it before!). And they are really excited about the process as well :) It's just 15 simple steps to be a non-smoker or remain a non-smoker. And I have total faith in this program. My companion has taught this before and she has seen it work. So if it's inspired of God then it will work!

This week we are going to focus on finding people because our teaching pool is rather shallow at the moment; actually it's more like a puddle haha! But it's ok, we will find more soon! But hey, do you remember Stacy? Sister Nelson and I found her right before Sister Nelson went home. She was really excited about learning more and we even set a baptismal date for her and everything! But when Sister Sheffield and I tried to go by she would always blow us off or was never in. She is the real good friend of a recent convert and she's 22 & has the cutest little boy, Logan. Well yesterday we went by just to see if we had to cut our losses and she let us in! She even wanted the Elders to come by and bless her home and give her a priesthood blessing!! Apparently her family did not approve of her becoming Mormon and that kind of put her off learning. But as we were talking about it with her, she does want to continue to learn because she was really gutted when the whole thing fizzled out as well! Wow, I love these moments! The little things seem to make up the big picture :) Before all this happened I was talking to my District Leader, Elder Nicolls, about how bummed I was that things didn't work with Stacy and he said, “I promise that by the end of the week you will be able to meet with her again.” I was like, “really?” haha He said to me later that he was surprised he'd even said that and didn't know where it came from, but he hoped that because he had said it, that it would happen! And it did. Heavenly Father will guide us if we put ourselves in situations where we can be under the influence of the Holy Ghost. And never be afraid to make promises! That's another thing I learned :) As long as those promises are made by the Spirit, then it will happen. Isn't that great? And when the Elders were giving a blessing on her home even Logan, who is 3 and rowdy, knelt down in prayer as well!! It was really amazing and it really taught me the reality of the never-ending goodness of the gospel. It is true!

The pictures I sent last week were from the Cairnie Fruit Farm. Our zone all went to it on the P-day before Halloween. It was a total blast!! And I'm sooo glad we did it. There were little pedal bikes known as "go-carts" haha, trampolines, a mini zip line, a corn maze, and more! It was nice to do something other than football. Don't get me wrong, I love football as much as the next guy but every P-day? It was the BEST p-day ever!

I cannot believe that I've been out here for 6 months already! I'm 1/3 of the way, Ahhhhh! Crazy. I had a dream the other night that I was done with my mission after only this amount of time and back home and I was freaking out! I kept saying, "No, I'm definitely NOT finished yet! Send me back!" hahaha. Whew, what a relief to wake up and still be here :)

I love you all and thank you sooo much for loving me! Haha I hope all is going well! I LOVE YOU!

Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I heard about the dream! HAHAHA! I can't believe it has been 6 months?!?! WOW!

    ReplyDelete