TERESA - Hello familia!
How are you all? I hope your Thanksgiving is going to be excellent! I know ours will be! A member of our ward, Sister Julie Williams, is wanting to have us over for thanksgiving! She's from England but she wants to make things feel more homey for us :) She's excited to have her first Thanksgiving. This will be great! Isn't that nice of her?
I've recently been getting over a horrible cold that has literally wiped me out. I was down for the count there but now I'm back in the game! haha So I am feeling much better and I am totally amped for this upcoming week! A lot of really good stuff is going to come our way and after some hard work we will see it all pan out :)
So as you all know already, Aileen Baird is getting baptized! YAY! I am sooo ecstatic that I get to be here for it! We went over her baptismal program with her and tried to get everything all organized. And she wanted me to give a talk at it! How amazing is that?! I feel so touched that she wants me to speak and I'm really excited to do so. So I'm going to be speaking on faith and repentance (probably the best topics ever) so wish me luck! haha
We had a Zone Conference this past week. And it was a Tri-Zone one so Edinburgh Zone, Aberdeen Zone, and Dundee Zone were all present. It was sooo brilliant! I LOVE meetings, I really do. I never realized until I got out here, how much I love meetings! They help you so much in learning to be better and more effective and happy in what you’re doing. They are just so great! This one focused on Weekly Planning Session, which I previously hated doing and now I've grown to love them! Crazy huh? And then our Mission President, President Griffiths presented a new thing in our mission. I think I was the only one who knew what this was because of Rachel! Our Mission President is a pal with Rachel's Mission President and he borrowed the Quality Gospel Conversations from the Manchester Mission! How fun, and plus, now Rach and mine's mission experiences will be even more similar! The QGC's are just another way of contacting people on the street. I'm excited to do them too!
Sister Daines and I are getting along splendidly! I am so glad I have her as a companion :) She is just so lovely! She is way in tune with the Spirit and she is helping me so much in becoming a better missionary! I'm glad I have the opportunity to serve with her. And funny thing too, is that even though she's from Utah, she has a Scottish/English accent! haha Everyone keeps saying, "Wait, where are you from again? You're not from Utah." hahaha It is so funny! I think she picked it up while serving in East Kilbride with a companion from Essex, England. So she was lucky enough to let it rub off on her. Pretty sure that is definitely not happening to me, haha, just my same old American accent. But that's OK, a lot of people like that accent! haha
November 14th was Remembrance Day. Where we remember all the soldiers who died in world wars. It was nice; everyone wore red poppies (us too!) to remember them by.
So pretty sure I have succeeded! Let me give you the reason why: The Relief Society President and the Sisters have never seemed to get along so well. Sad, I know. But I'll tell you something; it is very hard to get on with her at times because she just didn't like us. She even yelled at us once in a meeting! (Long story but it was all a big miscommunication, as they all are). But here's the deal; over the past 6 months I decided that this wasn't working and I wanted to the missionaries to have a better relationship with her. So I've been going out of my way to say hi and show love and kindness to her. And what do ya know?! It worked! We are now all pallies! She's having us over for dinner tonight and I'm way excited. She never has missionaries over. Honestly, if you told me 6 months ago that I would be having dinner at the Relief Society President's house and that I was looking forward to it, I would've thought you were crazy! Seriously. It's that big of a change. I am so happy about it! Now I have a firm testimony that even if you can't change the situation you are in, you can do all you can to make it better and maybe even fix it! Life gets better when you try to make it better :)
As of right now, that is all the news I can think of! Sorry if it's not the most interesting. But hopefully next week I'll have some amazing stories to share!! THANK YOU all for the love and support you give Rachie and I! I love you all!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

No comments:
Post a Comment