Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

SNOW in Chorley

RACHEL - Dear Familia!
How are you all?? I hope very well!! I am doing great by the way if you were wondering!

It snowed this morning for the First time in Chorley!! haha what an experience! This will be the first time in my life where I have lived where it actually snows! These past couple nights have been below freezing soo that has been tough to adjust to and to be honest I don't really want to adjust to it! But thank goodness I get two summers instead of two Winters because it is really really chilly here during the winter time and I don't want to have to keep putting on layers! haha 9 Layers one night! My normal outfit underneath:3 layers, 2 sweatshirts, 3 Coats, 2 Scarves and I even broke out the ear muffs... haha yeah I could barely move.

We had our Festival of Nativities here and it was lovely. They have only done it for the past couple of years so they are building it up and continuing to add more to it. It didn't come close to the amount of Nativities I have seen at our Creche Exhibit back home (So appreciate it!).

We sang for the Tri-ward Christmas Devotional Sacrament meeting and that went pretty well. It was just practically just the two Elders and me because Sister Suaybaguio literally stopped singing almost at the very beginning and for the rest of the song just smiled at the congregation! haha man, I couldn't believe it haha it was funny to laugh about though. But we had some compliments afterwards so I guess it went OK.

Sports Day was a Blast!! Oh my goodness, it was like Christmas came early for me! For the first hour it was just the Sisters playing and that was a great time! We played Ultimate Frisbee, a cool new game I learned called Ninja (that was a pretty fun game and hilarious too!) and a little bit of basketball. I then played Football (Soccer) with the Elders for a couple hours straight all the way till the end of the day! Man I had a huge smile on my face the Whole day! Needless to say I woke up not being able to move throughout the entire day without my body aching! haha it was so worth it though!

I saw Patricia yesterday and it was good to talk to her, she feels like giving up and I honestly feel powerless; all I can do is pray and fast for her, she still loves the Gospel though. Our other investigators are progressing well towards baptism on the 18th of December. We are excited for them to eventually enter into the house of the Lord one day soon!

Well, I gotta get going, but thank you Sister Hulme for the letter, I appreciate it! I will talk to you all sooon! Love and miss you all!
Sister Rachel Kullick

2 comments:

  1. Ah...sports day sound like a blast! I'll keep my prayers going for Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    I was sorry to hear about Patricia. Life gives us hard choices, sometimes :(
    Hope you are staying warm - we;ve sent you some goodies to enjoy now that you;ve worked out hard core on sports day :)
    we love you <3

    ReplyDelete