Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baptism & Move!


TERESA - Hey ya!!

Ok, big news!!! Aileen was baptized!!!!! And I got to be there and give a talk at it!! Oh my goodness, my heart is just overcome with joy and gratitude right now!! I am sooo happy! I know that Heavenly Father wanted me to be there for it! I feel just so grateful I can't even begin to express in words how really happy I am!!! I didn't think I would see it but I did. When Aileen found out that moves call was on Sunday night she said OK, then I'll baptized on Saturday and then confirmed on Sunday. That made me feel so loved and special!! Knowing that she wanted me to be there meant everything to me! But I'll tell you, the adversary tried to do all he could to prevent this from happening. It all happened the day of and before. Things were going wrong with printing the programs. People were dropping like flies that were supposed to be participating. We were phoning everyone we could think of to fill the place of a pianist. We started filling up the font and the water was freezing (not really preventative but still bad). And lastly, we totally left the baptismal dresses on the bus! Noooooo! Sister Daines and I were complete messes! All this happened with only an hour before the baptism! But considering all of these set backs we handled things pretty well :). We were just praying super hard that everything would pan out and we were doing everything we could think of to fix it all! Haha Well in the end everything went better than perfect and Aileen was baptized! Nothing on earth could've stopped it from happening, Satan tried but it didn't work. HA! Tee-hee.
When something really good is going to happen that's when the most opposition comes. But I learned even more during this experience that if you trust in Heavenly Father then you'll be OK. Really. I know that it had to happen. I am sooo thankful and happy!!

Also, we had the fireside that Sister Daines and I put on for the ward on Sunday. (This was probably the busiest/stressful weekend of my mission!) But it all went really well; things ran fairly smoothly, which was good. People really enjoyed it though. We had a lot of people tell us that they really loved it and that other wards should do it as well. And that they wanted to do it again soon! And one YSA, who had been struggling lately, said that that was just what he needed and that he wants to come back to church!! My goodness! How wonderful :) It was really special. Which leads us to moves call...

I got my moves call and I'm leaving Dundee. After 9 months of being in my first area with 3 different companions I am leaving. It feels sooo strange. Dundee was my home and I do miss it. I REALLY miss the people there. I had to say goodbye last night to Aileen and the Shorts and it just about killed me! I have grown to love them all so VERY much and now that I 'm leaving them and won't see them anymore it is completely depressing. So now I am sitting in a computer cafe in Edinburgh! I have been moved here and I am LOVING it so far though! I still feel like I'm visiting and I will go back to my home in Dundee but I guess that's not going to happen. Sister Daines is training a new missionary (we have 6 new sisters!) and I am killing off a missionary here. Her name is Sister Peterson and she is so fun. She is super chilled out and totally nice! I am glad I get to serve with her, even if it is just for one moves (6 weeks!). But that means that I will HAVE to learn the area super well in this short amount of time and then lead the area!! Crazy! And believe me, this is no Dundee. Dundee was dinky compared to this! But I am so excited to be here. I really feel that my time was finished in Liff, Dundee. I felt that I had accomplished all I needed to at this time there and that it was time to move on. I knew it when I barely scrapped by to be at Aileen's baptism. There was a reason why it was just before; it was because I was leaving.

Honestly I miss Harry and Sandra Short so much. I truly love them both with ALL of my heart! They were truly my family here and I don't know how I'm going to handle not being able to see them anymore. It will be tough. As well as with Aileen. That was a really tough/tearful goodbye as well. I love her more than ever and thinking about her even now, I miss her! I had really grown to love the people here in the Dundee 2nd Ward. This may sound corny but it is so true that I may be here but my heart is still in Dundee. I miss them all so dearly. They were wonderful people and I will NEVER forget them all. They have made a huge impact on my life and I have learned so much from serving them. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to be there and serve there. I will always remember them. Always :)

So today I am in Edinburgh with Sister Peterson and Sorensen (she’s waiting on her new comp from Belfast and she is amazing!) and we had an amazing day so far going to Mary King's Close. It is an old underground city where people with the Black Plague would go. Fun huh?! I had a blast! And my church building is right next to the mission home too so I will see a lot of President and everyone else! I am so excited to be here. I always had a feeling I'd come here but I just didn't know when. This is just so great!

But anyways, I must leave you now but I am glad to hear all is going better over there. I have fasted and prayed for Grandpa and I feel A LOT better about it now. I feel comforted. I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of me and my family and that HE loves us. I am thankful for that. I love you all and I will talk to you soon!! Love you!
Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment