Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Staffordshire County

RACHEL - Hello family,

It was very hard for me to read that email you sent to me Mom and I honestly didn't want to respond to it because I couldn't control the tears that were beginning to flood from my eyes. I hope you let him (Grandpa Coombs) know how much I love him and how I hope he is OK. It pains me to think how trapped he must feel. The day after I found out, I was able to speak to my Mission President and told him all about it. He was very sincere and kind as he spoke to me about what had just happened. I have still cried every night that week as I prayed to my Father in Heaven. I hope that you are doing OK Mom and that your siblings are OK as well. I wish I could see him and what pains me the most is that after my mission he won't be able to talk to me to see who I have become... someone that I think he would be proud of. I am going to miss hearing him sing and his laughter and to just be able to speak to him. I just hope he is OK and that Grandma is too. I hope everyone is visiting him and being there for him during this time of his life. Please let him know that I love him with all of my heart and that I hope he knows I am trying to be the best I can be on my mission. It is hard to hold back the tears that fill my eyes every time I think of him and how I pray that he is feeling OK.

I have moved from Chorley and I am now in Staffordshire County (Stafford) with Sister Dell, she is from Canada. She is one transfer behind me. Before I left Chorley we had a miracle baptism where we were able to baptize a 22 year old man, Keith Tasker in a week - beautiful. He had a testimony before we even "taught" him and was taught by his friend who worked at the MTC here in England. I feel so blessed to be a small part of it, but I know one thing is for sure "The lord doesn't always bless us in our efforts, but for our efforts."  And that "success is not measured by our results but for our efforts and heart.” I love you all and I am sorry this is short, but I don't have much to say but that I hope Grandpa is better, please let me know.
Love you all, Sister Rachel Kullick

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I can tell you with out a shadow of doubt he will know who you've become. He is learning new ways to communicate every day. He understands what's being said to him, so he will be able to hear your testimony when you meet him. I'm not sure this will make sense, but...He is still the same, just not the same. Grandma reads him all your letters and he smiles and nods. In just the last three days of therapy I have seen great strides. He's frustrated, but has come a long way in the last 12 days. Yes, he'll probably never gain back all his capabilities, but you keep praying for him, I'll keep praying for him and the Lord will bless him! Love you, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Kay wrote... :o)

    ReplyDelete