Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Many Miracles

RACHEL - Dear Family,

I am so happy to hear how Grandpa Coombs is doing! Let him know that I am praying for him every night that he will have a quick recovery and that he is feeling well! Keep me updated!

Tell Sheila I wish her a Happy Birthday! And Happy Birthday to Teresa as well! Haha!

This past week has truly been amazing! All I can say is wow! Sister Dell and I have witnessed many miracles! Golden Investigators, Solid Appointments, members coming to our investigator lessons and teaching on-the-spot opportunities! I can't express enough in words how important it is and key when members volunteer to go out fellowshipping with the missionaries. It is sooo important for the individuals themselves who are being taught the Gospel to have a potential friend there to help them throughout their conversion! What an amazing feeling it is when you then can be able to witness the baptism of a friend instead of just someone who was being taught by the missionaries. This is a beautiful commandment that our Heavenly Father has given us and by fulfilling this commandment we feel on top of the world! So help your missionaries, you have been commanded in this dispensation to help build the Kingdom!

With all of these miracles I feel completely inadequate. I recognize that I must always keep improving and that I should not become complacent or start to slow down. I want to continue to keep running hard even after the finish line.  I have come to know that I really just love this work and feel privileged that I can play such a tiny part in this Big Beautiful Plan. I have also come to recognize the importance of always remembering who we represent.  That we as Latter-day Saints should always remember whose name we took upon ourselves at baptism, it is like we are all literally wearing a badge and it should be that obvious to others what we know to be true and what brings us happiness. If we are not different from the world then we need to step back and reevaluate our priorities and strengthen our testimonies because it is a really good thing to be different from the world.

I am so grateful and feel humbled to wear Christ's name on my chest visibly for the whole world to see but I recognize that we can still be visible disciples of Christ even though we aren't wearing a badge. "Every member a missionary!"

I am so thankful for the help and support I receive from my family and ward family at home and thank them from the bottom of my heart.
Love you all!
Sister Rachel Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to look for missionary opportunities! I always talk about the church, but when it comes time to invite, I forget that part. So I'll try to do better!

    I don't see you becoming complacent, it just doesn't sound like you. But it's always good to remind your self to keeping doing the good things you already are....

    So keep up the good work! Love ya, Kay

    ReplyDelete