Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Really Cool Experience

TERESA - Hello Hello!
Thank you so very much for my Valentine's Day Card!! I LOVED it! Also, I wanted to thank dad for his letter that he wrote me a little while back. I really needed it at that time, everything he said in it was exactly what I needed to hear at that point in time. Thank you so very much for that dad :)

So life here is starting to roll forward a tad which is good :) Nothing much happened this past week but one really cool experience. Here is is...

Background: Before my mission a Brother C from my homeward, gave me a notebook with a list of names in it. People to get in contact with. Now some of these people were in Edinburgh and Falkirk (there are no sisters in Falkirk though) and even when I was in Dundee for half my mission, I knew I was going to serve in Edinburgh, so I held onto the names. Well, here I am in Edinburgh!

At weekly planning (Thursday) we didn't have anybody to plan for really, zip investigators. Sister Peterson knew I had the list and suggested that we look into the names that I received from Brother C. We looked and there were only 4 names. One was already a member and two were his sister and brother-in-law that lived in Falkirk. And the last name was Brother C's sister's son who is a lawyer in Edinburgh and goes to London 3 times a week. So we thought why not, and phoned him up. It was kind of funny because it was kind of strange! Phoning someone up that you don't know, I mean. I introduced myself and told him that I knew his uncle. His name was T. M. and he was more than polite to us on the phone. I asked if he was a member as well and he said no (Yay! haha) So we set up a time we could meet with him and he was more than happy to do that. He said it wouldn't be hard to miss him cause he was bald!

We met him at a coffee shop and we see a man who fits his description, older, bald, but it wasn't him! (Oops!) So we sit waiting for him. He comes in and we sit down and learn a little bit more about his family and job, etc. He was a really nice person. Then we asked if he knew much about the church and he said no but asked if we could tell him! It was an amazing 1st lesson, really flowed and natural-wasn't forced. And the Spirit was so strong that we had all forgotten we were in a coffee shop! He was super receptive and very nice. He said he understood the concepts of Prophets and that it made sense but that the thing was just recognizing it. We told him that if he really wanted to know the truth he could through prayer. We gave him a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon and he even offered to pay for it! We showed him Moroni's promise and he said, "Could you mark that chapter for me? I want to read it later." Wow, how great! We set up a return appt at the church building for this upcoming Wednesday (he was the one who said that a coffee shop was not the most appropriate place to meet) When we walked out of there we were just soooo happy! There is seriously no one happier than a missionary who just left a a really good lesson! He also told us that Brother C's brother had died and his funeral was the Thursday after our appt. So maybe Brother C will come for the funeral and we will be able to see him and maybe he could be there for a teach! who knows...but that would be so nice :)

I am so grateful for Brother C for giving me those names! There are very few members of his family that are a part of the church so he's fulfilling his part as a missionary! And even if T doesn't get baptized, he will still have a better knowledge of what the church is and believes and what makes his uncle happy. So that was a wonderful experience! So I encourage ALL of you to invite your friends or family or anyone to learn more about the gospel! Who knows...they may be ready RIGHT now and all they are waiting for is an invitation to learn.

I may need to send you a CD with picts on it because something is just not working! Sorry! I LOVE you all sooo much and I am extremely happy about the progress Grandpa is making!! I love you guys so much! Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I love it, both you and Rachel gave us a challenge as members to be better missionaries! Awesome! I will try to do better!

    I loved the story of T, but what about the other bald guy you saw first? Did he want to know who you were and maybe a bit about the church? That would be pretty funny! You never know who the Lord will put in your path to be taught.

    Keep up the good work! Love you, Kay

    ReplyDelete