TERESA - Hi Family,
So life is going swell over here! I am getting along wonderfully with my new companion! Sister Peterson is so great and we are already pallies :) She goes home in 6 weeks so I am bummed about that and I have no idea how I'll lead this city without her! Haha we shall see....
I am learning to love the people of Edinburgh. It's tough when you've come from a ward that you considered home. Seriously though, I consider Dundee 2nd my home ward! I LOVE the people of Dundee and I am trying to spread that love to the people here too. The Edinburgh ward is smaller than Dundee's but they are still nice. It was Fast and Testimony meeting so I quickly got up and introduced myself to the ward. I am totally excited to serve here though and I'm determined to make it great. I am excited to help this ward become more missionary-minded and enthused about missionaries. It's funny because when I came here it was like when I first went to the Dundee 2nd Ward. They were a little behind in the work as well. But I have seen the change and progression take place in Dundee so I know it's possible here too! I am looking forward to using the same ideas that worked in my last ward. This will be good. There is MUCH to look forward to. I am ready for this challenge!
The city though is gorgeous! A lot easier on the eyes than Dundee I do have to say! (Great place but not that nice to look at! haha) But funny story, we were on the bus talking to some guy and it was brought up that I had been serving in Dundee for the past 9 months. And he disgustedly said that Dundee was a dump and that Edinburgh was better. And I must say that I was offended! Haha It may be somewhat of a dump but it's my dump! I didn't hesitate in the least bit to stand up for my "birthplace" in the mission! I thought that it was amusing so I wanted to tell you. But I have loved walking outside and seeing the beautiful buildings everywhere, I LOVE city life so this is right up my alley. And you know what's funny? Everyone before the mission said, "Don't expect to see a lot of people and city, you'll be in the countryside with the sheep." haha They couldn't have been MORE wrong! I have been in very heavily populated areas my WHOLE mission! I haven't seen sheep, not yet anyways.... :)
I really want to send you pictures, I have sooo many of them. But the computers are being lame and I can't send any! Ahhhhh! But I will do it as soon as I can. Maybe I'll just send you a CD with the pictures on it and then you can take them from there. We'll see.
I am sooo very glad to hear that Grandpa Coombs is doing a bit better. I have been praying for him EVERY night. I know that everything will be ok one way or another. I have been really comforted lately so oddly enough I don't feel too worried anymore. Heavenly Father has REALLY been helping me out. Thank goodness!
Well, I don't really have much more to fill you in on. We don't have any investigators at the moment so we are going work on that. And we are really trying to focus on our relationship with the members so there is quite a bit we need to work on. But it will be good!
But I love you all and I am so thankful for all that you guys have done for me. I pray that all will go well back home.
Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

No comments:
Post a Comment