RACHEL - Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the Birthday love that you sent to Teresa and I all the way over to the UK! Thank you for the Candy Bar letter Mom! We loved it and appreciate it!
In my Mission, the assistant to the President has the same Birthday as me! I thought that was great! His name is Elder Llguno and lives in Spain; he's a great example to me.
I have recognized that I am so blessed to be serving with such great spiritual giants around me. All of the Elders in this Mission are striving to become like Christ and to be Sacred. They are all an example to be about how I can be better and they show me how age does not matter when it comes to diligence and true consecration. How grateful I am for my Mission!
This week we witnessed a miracle. We received a referral from the Mission Office. This young woman's name is J. W. who is 20 years old. Apparently she was with a friend who wasn't a member who happened to have been given a Pass Along Card by either a member or a missionary and J. said she wanted to take a look at it. It was the one that had a number to order a free Finding Faith in Christ DVD and so she called it to receive one and so we were the Missionaries to deliver it to her! We taught her the first lesson and now she wants to be baptized! What makes the story even better is that her mother is a less active member of the Church and so this will be a great opportunity to help her come back! This family consists of 13 children! That would make our little branch grow so much! What a wonderful miracle!
My Birthday was wonderful and the Best Birthday I have ever had! Sister Dell made me a little Birthday banner and made me breakfast! Eggs Benedict, it was delicious! She also made me a Banana bread/cake! She is so wonderful! I am so blessed to be serving with such a wonderful Missionary! She is always recognizing that we can always improve and helps me to be more diligent. The day followed with teaching our investigators, P. D. whom we taught the Word of Wisdom to and hasn't had a cigarette in 2 days so far! So happy for him! Then S. C. and taught the Ten Commandments. We then taught J. and watched the Restoration film with her! We ended up not having enough time for tea so we skipped it and taught our two 8 and 10 year old investigators that evening and taught the Plan of Happiness! That day was perfect and in between those lessons we street contacted to each appointment. Sometimes I would forget that it was even my birthday! That's a good sign ;)
Mother's day here in England is apparently in April. I think on the 13th..? Haha I'm not quite sure but I know it's in April so I am not sure if I will be calling home then instead of May. But I will let you know :)
Thank you so much for all the love that you have given my sister and I! We are so blessed to have the love of all of you! Take care!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

Gosh, I'm so excited for that J.W. and family. I hope we get more good news down the line . . . fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteMothers Day in April? What a fantastic Birthday Present for your mom!!!
ReplyDeleteCould you imagine the boost to the branch? Wow! 13 kids, instant Primary!