How is Grandpa doing? Is he improving? Tell him that I pray for him every night and that I love him!
This week has been rather uneventful due to me having to stay in because I was ill. I have had a cold for the past 2 1/2 weeks and it has gradually gotten worse. It turned into a fever on Tuesday. President and Sister Bullock said I had to stay in for a couple of days to let my body try to recover. At first I tried to resist and go outside after I called for permission to go work, but that didn't last long as I realized I really was sick. Sister Dell took such great care of me and then Sister Allison then took over and tried to help as well. So I have been quarantined for the past couple of days. We went to the Doctor and he gave me some antibiotics and I have been taking them. I am feeling like I am beginning to recover now instead of it getting worse. So I am very happy that I am out and about now and fulfilling my purpose!
On Monday, Sister Dell and I were able to receive two referrals from a member and now we have one new investigator from her wonderful missionary efforts! She is a part member family and so we now have the goal to help them all come unto Christ! I have come to greatly appreciate member referrals, even if in the end the individual they referred us to was not interested, it has been great to have the help of members who literally want their neighbors, family members, and friends to have the same happiness they have. All we have to do is invite and that is how we become successful missionaries, not if baptism is a result but if we simply invite because that is all we can do. Us missionaries love member referrals, so help out your full time missionaries!!
Sister Allison and I really only had about 1 1/2 days to really work and it has been a pleasure serving with her. I do believe that Stafford needs an English Sister, as I believe I have already said to you in my last letter. The Branch has really been improving and we want to help it reach it's full potential. There are unfortunately quite a few less active members and I do believe that if we were able to re-activate all of them we would have a Ward! So that is our next important goal at hand! I wish before my mission I made a greater effort to try to reach out to those struggling with their testimonies. I really do know that there is so much we can do to help those who do need to be lifted and by strengthening them, we strengthen our own testimonies. What a great opportunity it is to be the Savior's hands and to serve our brothers and sisters.
I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission; I would have it no other way. I simply know that this gospel is true. I know Joseph Smith had one question to know of the truth and received an answer from Heavenly father and the Savior themselves. I know that the authority of God is on the earth again and it is in His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Through God's plan of Salvation we can know how to keep the relationships with the ones we love and have them last even after death. The power of the Holy Ghost is real and those who read of the Book of Mormon can know for themselves can receive a witness from the Spirit of it's pure and precious truth. I know that it is only through Jesus Christ we can be able to have a way to return to our father in Heaven again someday. I love missionary work and the happiness I feel everyday from doing it. I simply know this is true.
Thank you for all of those who have written and supported Teresa and I! We love you all!
Take care!
Sister Rachel Kullick
P.S. I want to wish Bridgy a congratulations on her wedding announcement! I would like an invite if possible please!

That is always the pits when you are sick. I am glad that you are starting to feel better. Now get back out there and find some good people to teach :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better - hope your birthday last month was good.
ReplyDeleteLove you! <3