RACHEL - Dear Family and friends,
This week started off really good. I have a tendency to run with joggers when I see them and to share the gospel with them. I have had some pretty great quality gospel conversations before! Well, on Monday I tried to attempt to run with this young man. Everything was great until I fell flat on my face! ha ha I had tripped in mid sentence. Needless to say that stopped my conversation with this jogger. My knees hurt a little bit but I couldn't help but laugh afterwards because it was a great memory I knew I would cherish forever :)
Last Tuesday we had an amazing Specialized Training! We were trained on Weekly Planning and Nightly Planning. It was phenomenal! I loved the trainings that we also had with Finding. We focused more on handling objections and getting the appointment. I really did learn quite a lot and have already begun to apply it into the missionary work. I have already used a lot of responses of handling objections that we had suggested by all of our leaders and Mission President and they have turned out to be really good conversations where the other person begins ponder a little more about our message instead of just brushing us off. We have also completely changed and rearranged the way we do Weekly Planning to be more efficient for our Nightly Planning. It has been a difficult transition but we know that our leaders are inspired. It has been exciting doing it a little differently from the past year but now I can understand more the expression "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" ha ha I know it is not impossible though because I am doing it slowly and surely!
We were able to have 4 of our Investigators come to church yesterday which was wonderful! We had really tried hard to make it more of a focus and give more effort in having members present at Investigator lessons. This resulted in calling quite a lot of Sisters in the Ward. Because of that, our Investigators already knew some people at church and felt more welcome and comfortable. I am very grateful for the service from the members. It is good to know that we are all in this together and that it is a joint effort. Sometimes members aren't given a chance to help because they have never been asked. I suppose that's why it is really helpful for the Missionaries when members actually go up to their Full-time Missionaries in their ward and let them know they are available. Because we all are available even if just for an hour, we should always have time for the Lord's work and His representatives here on earth. This has made me think about the type of member I was before my mission and the one I want to be after. I had tons of free time and yet I could've actually done something productive and shown the Lord I actually cared by sharing the gospel with all of my brothers and sisters and helped out the missionaries.
We were able to have 4 of our Investigators come to church yesterday which was wonderful! We had really tried hard to make it more of a focus and give more effort in having members present at Investigator lessons. This resulted in calling quite a lot of Sisters in the Ward. Because of that, our Investigators already knew some people at church and felt more welcome and comfortable. I am very grateful for the service from the members. It is good to know that we are all in this together and that it is a joint effort. Sometimes members aren't given a chance to help because they have never been asked. I suppose that's why it is really helpful for the Missionaries when members actually go up to their Full-time Missionaries in their ward and let them know they are available. Because we all are available even if just for an hour, we should always have time for the Lord's work and His representatives here on earth. This has made me think about the type of member I was before my mission and the one I want to be after. I had tons of free time and yet I could've actually done something productive and shown the Lord I actually cared by sharing the gospel with all of my brothers and sisters and helped out the missionaries.
I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Babbel this week and we had an amazing 48 hours full of miracles! I don't know if you remember but Sister Babbel was Teresa's companion in the MTC. It was actually quite funny because we were suppose to exchange right after Specialized training on Tuesday but no one had informed Sister Gallozo and I that we were exchanging. So when I went up to Sister Babbel's companion who was my old companion (Sister Suaybaguio from the Philippines) and said when are we going to have exchanges with each other she replied right now. I laughed because I thought she was joking but ha nope she wasn't. So we did it the following morning. It was a great exchange though! One day we had 33/7 in QGC's and Appointments! She is very comfortable when she teaches and she has polished teaching skills as well. She teaches to the "You". She was a great example to me of just simply talking to people anywhere and to not fear. We recognized that this would be the only time where we would ever serve together considering we came out at the very same time, but it was great to share what we have both learned during the time we have been out in the Mission field.
Love you all!! Hope all is well!
Love, Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:
Post a Comment